Legendary Tactician

By Bkhazin, in Dust Warfare

Hi all,

Question would Phaser negate Legendary Tactician?

Boris

From my reading of it, yes.

Yes, because Legendary Tactician adds a success to the armor roll. Phaser removes this possibility.

So what you guys are saying Phaser whould over come cover save if you read cover save it says its a bonus to Armor roll yet under phasers it says it does not overcome cover saves.. Legendary Tactician says you only get it if you get a cover save would that not make it a cover save not an armor roll.

wrong, phasers say they negate armor saves only, cover still works. Thats why the british and french class 3 are evil in close range they have grenades and phasers.

If you read Legendary Tactician it is only works when in cover therefore its a cover save so phasers would not stop it?

Legendary Tactician requires a unit to be in cover and then adds a success to its armor roll. If you do not get an armor roll, you do not get the bonus. Cover does still apply, though.

It says the same thing with cover saves that it is a bonus to Armor roll.

For everyone, take a look here . We discuss the rules and IronJoe posts an e-mail from Zach Tewalthomas that clears this issue up.

Sniper negates both armor roll and cover save which I think the question is answering I want to see phaser question.

Bkhazin said:

Sniper negates both armor roll and cover save which I think the question is answering I want to see phaser question.

The thread has pretty thoroughly explained why LT does not apply to Phasers.

The way he described it you should not get a cover save eaither as: This is they way it works Armor roll is phase 4 of the combat action. Cover saves are a bonus to Armor roll if you are denied an armor roll you should be denied a cover save . Phasers say they allow cover saves LT says it stack with a cover save and you have to be in cover to get it. Would team be denied then too?

Phaser ignores armor, allows Cover. Sniper ignores both. Until something else comes along that says it ignores armor without addressing cover, the discussion is moot.

Also, "stacks with cover" is meant to convey that your typical cap of two additional successes from Cover can be added to the additional success of Legendary Tactician. The ability clearly states that it is a bonus to armor - not cover - meaning Phaser will ignore this Legendary Tactician bonus, but not any Cover bonuses.

If you have any other doubts, shoot FFG an e-mail.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it was ruled to be opposite of what most of the community thought, it seems. Check the thread to see the e-mail.

And that is why my initial answer was "From my reading of it". You never know how Zach is going to ruleā€¦