Segeant Victory

By xBeakeRx, in Dust Tactics

Battletactics.tv posted the unit card for Sergeant Victory on their FB account:

In short, he does less damage than Winter Child and is armor 3, but has longer range with his pistols (strange?), cheat death, and is a pilot. He comes in at 40 points.

What do you guys think?

He looks like a pretty badass unit for the Allies in my opinion. He'll be able to fit into more armies than Winter Child considering his lower point cost, for 40 points I think he's well worth it to squeeze him in. He cant really damage vehicles unless he gets into close combat, but he'll wreak havoc on infantry from range 4-6. I think he's also a little tougher to take out than Winter Child because of that Cheat Death ability which is far and away superior to damage resilience. I think Dust has done a great job with both super heroes so far and think their flavor fits in perfectly with both armies, cant wait to see what they come up with for the Axis.

xBeakeRx said:

I think he's also a little tougher to take out than Winter Child because of that Cheat Death ability which is far and away superior to damage resilience.

Winter Child being Armor 4 makes a huge difference. It drastically reduces the number of units that can even touch him, let alone do some serious damage.

But yeah, I'm pleased that so far the two superheroes play very differently from one another. Wonder what the axis one will be likeā€¦

Loophole Master said:

xBeakeRx said:

I think he's also a little tougher to take out than Winter Child because of that Cheat Death ability which is far and away superior to damage resilience.

Winter Child being Armor 4 makes a huge difference. It drastically reduces the number of units that can even touch him, let alone do some serious damage.

Right, well armor 4 means less stuff can touch him, but Cheat Death means Sergeant Victory will take less damage from the stuff that does. It probably washes out in the end, both will be tough to take down.

I wonder if we'll ever get some more unique walkers, like Grand'Ma?

xBeakeRx said:

Cheat Death means Sergeant Victory will take less damage from the stuff that does.

Correction, it means he MIGHT take less damage. Remember that there's a roll involved, and while it's a hit-on-blanks, it still has a good chance of being totally useless. Unlike Armor 4 which completely prevents most of the units from attacking you.

He'll make a fine addition to my Allied force. Welcome to the team, Sarnt!

Loophole Master said:

xBeakeRx said:

Cheat Death means Sergeant Victory will take less damage from the stuff that does.

Correction, it means he MIGHT take less damage. Remember that there's a roll involved, and while it's a hit-on-blanks, it still has a good chance of being totally useless. Unlike Armor 4 which completely prevents most of the units from attacking you.

True, but there's still a lot of stuff that can hit Winter Child, even being armor 4. I use Winter Child and he still goes down eventually, and from reading what other people have posted, I don't think others have had a terribly difficult time killing him. Regardless, my point wasn't that Sergeant Victory is this unstoppable force, I was merely trying to point out that Cheat Death is a much better ability for reducing damage than Damage Resilience. Both superheroes are tough and will be difficult to take down.

Most important thing is they fit well in the game;) And are cost-effective considering points;)

Srgt Victory will be the first pilot in my army;)

Not to mention that he can also Hit aircraft with his melee that aught to be a fun one.

I guess though that Sgt Victory can pilot plane and armor so does cheat death work on those as well? If yes, it could be very useful.

cloner4000 said:

I guess though that Sgt Victory can pilot plane and armor so does cheat death work on those as well? If yes, it could be very useful.

Yes, Cheat Death works while Victory is piloting.

Normally, it wouldn't, but the rules specifically list Victory as an exception (see page 6 of the Operation Icarus rules).

I don't understand why his pistols are different. I would think that he would be using 2 of the VK pistols.

marcemtp said:

I don't understand why his pistols are different. I would think that he would be using 2 of the VK pistols.

It's a heirloom so uses it for sentimental reasons, beside it can damage vehicle 3 armour that a VK enhanced pistol can't, go figure that one :?