Forced Foreclosure O_O.

By Zealotscout, in CoC Rules Discussion

Used this card in this fashion today.

My friend opened up a terror in the dark in this operations phase, and a couple of turns passed before I picked up a Forced foreclosure and decided to use it on my friends "A terror in the dark " due to it's effect

Play during your operations phase.
Action: Attach Forced Foreclosure to a Location card. While Forced Foreclosure is attached, you gain control of attached Location.

But then remember that the card isn't a Location, rather an Enviroment.

So..I'm guessing it wouldn't have been able to play right?

Yet, if forced foreclosure were used on something like my opponents "alter of the blessed" which states location

, would that mean that the effect on the card applies to MY characters? or that the effect still applies to my opponent but it's under my control?

Forgive the silly question but I has been bugging me, since I might have wrongfully made some assumptions haha.

ah something else I forgot to ask, since Forced foreclosure is an event card; wouldn't it mean that it has to be discarded after use?

Yet it wouldn't really make sense since it " attaches" itself to a location card.

Zealotscout said:

Used this card in this fashion today.

My friend opened up a terror in the dark in this operations phase, and a couple of turns passed before I picked up a Forced foreclosure and decided to use it on my friends "A terror in the dark " due to it's effect

Play during your operations phase.
Action: Attach Forced Foreclosure to a Location card. While Forced Foreclosure is attached, you gain control of attached Location.

But then remember that the card isn't a Location, rather an Enviroment.

So..I'm guessing it wouldn't have been able to play right?

Yet, if forced foreclosure were used on something like my opponents "alter of the blessed" which states location

, would that mean that the effect on the card applies to MY characters? or that the effect still applies to my opponent but it's under my control?

Forgive the silly question but I has been bugging me, since I might have wrongfully made some assumptions haha.

Wit the exception of Conspiracy cards, when a card says 'you' it refers to its controller, so in your example 'Altar of the Blessed' would then apply to your characters. Note, that it's also moved into your play area.

Whenever a card is attached to another card it is always considered a support card with the 'Attachment' subtype and remains attached until it's removed by another effect (unless specified otherwise in the card text).

Great thanks for clearing that out, yes must have went off assuming environment was the same as location, and the fact that a event card that doesn't go to the discard pile after it's effect was rather unusual as well.

For my last question though, I'd like to know where one could apply the effect of "The Sirens of Hell"

Response: After a character goes insane, destroy that insane character.

I'm assuming it can be after any character has gone insane, but what bout from a terror struggle? From What I know Story struggles can only be intterupted by disrupt and forced responces but could this card be an exception?

So two scenarios, one where I drive a character insane with dangerous inmate, and I activate the "Sirens of Hell" card after the target character has gone Insane I could destroy it.

But on the second, let's say I won a terror struggle by 1 icon and a character on the opponents side has gone insane, will there be a window to use my "Sirens of Hell"? Atleast at the end of the story phase?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can use Sirens of Hell as a Response to game effects (e.g. losing a terror struggle) or card effects that cause characters to go insane.

Zealotscout said:

But on the second, let's say I won a terror struggle by 1 icon and a character on the opponents side has gone insane, will there be a window to use my "Sirens of Hell"? Atleast at the end of the story phase?