The Key and the Gate delayed?

By Hybrid, in CoC General Discussion

Maybe this was already addressed and I missed it or maybe it was wishfull thinking, has The Key and the Gate box always been projected to release Q2 of this year? Maybe my minds playing 'cause I could swear that it was originally Q1!

Your mind does not play tricks on you. Original intent was a release at the end of the first quarter.

Somehow this really bugs me, we were promised a big expansions once every 4 monhts but if I recall correctly the Seekers of Knowledge was released October, thats 5 months ago and now Yog could possibly arrive in June. I was eagerly awaiting this new expansion, so this really is bad news…. Well it would be bad news if the delay was somehow announced… even a delay for CoC is not worth a news post anymore…

Please FFG, give CoC some love. I tried many of the other LCG's but this really is the best out there (beware, this is an opinion…)

Where do you see this?

We've been anxiously awaiting the Yog box here too, it should be "any time now" but an official statement to back that up would be nice. There are people out there wanting to use this for Regionals too.

Jan said:

Where do you see this?

check upcoming section, Yog expansion = Q2 2013

Could FFG be delaying The Key and the Gate for release at the very end of the Q2 to avoid it being legal for Regionals? Like most folks I welcomed the change of format for the game but that was when it was supposed to be a release every four months. 7 months between releases would be very disappointing! apesta

I think it's more likely the delays are caused by giving other LCGs priority. E.g. Netrunner is flying off the shelves. Expansions seems to be sold out as soon as they're announced to be available. As an international customer you have almost no chance of getting any, right now. So, their printing capacities are depleted by reprinting Netrunner cards.

The Star Wars LCG also seems to generate a lot of interest, so it's likely also a higher priority for FFG than CoC.

What are people doing during this release-downtime? Are you still playing CoC and trying out Seekers of Knowledge combinations or playing other LCGs all together?

Well, I'm playing a lot of Netrunner these days. Even with just the Core sets it's a lot of fun and most importantly: I can regularly meet with players who are interested in the game (which unfortunately isn't the case with CoC).

I had originally planned to postpone my deckbuilding for the next wave of CoC tournaments until the second deluxe expansion was released. The delay means that I now started collecting ideas based on the current card pool. Deckbuilding is always a slow affair for me, so I really have to get started soon, so it's quite unlikely that cards from the forthcoming Yog expansion will play a large role in it.

Well the 'Upcoming' page has it now listed for a May release which will perhaps make it legal for some Regional events. In the meantime our Cthulhu league has been learning the other LCGs in the hopes of participating in their Regional events while decktesting for Cthulhu's.

I think Cthulhu has enough cards that we're not exactly starved for new decks to try. If Netrunner had a long delay it would suck, but Cthulhu's got a lot of nuts socked away for winter and can take it.

I've been playing some Netrunner, but not a lot - and mainly online with Lackey against a couple of friends.

I'm intended to try out Star Wars again sometime, but I really need more cards to come out first. After the boxed expansion and a couple more force packs would be a good time for me to revisit it I think.

So based on their latest Key & Gate blog post … hopefully we'll see it next week!

[fingers crossed]

It's about time! burla

After reading the articles I can't wait to get my hands on it! Seems like I've been playing with Seekers of Knowledge since forever! This box looks like it'll mix things up nicely.

The new expansion is out, and it looks great, strongly recommended.

There are some great cards in this set. Several had me cackling to myself when reading through them.

Is it just me, or is this set on a slightly thinner card stock?