Questions about event cards and travel

By ERIC ALIGHIERI, in Death Angel

While playing a solo game I drew a new event card which told me that I needed to place a major spawn on red and yellow as soon as I spawned one red card discovered that the blip pile on the left-hand side depleted. I'm told according to the rules that at the end of any phase you you are immediately supposed to travel and follow the steps of travel. Before I traveled I found that I couldn't place a second card on the red terrane card because there were no cards left. So my question is how is it possible to complete that phase if you're not able to place another card due to lack of cards in that current pile. Would you just place the available cards onto that current terrain and then continue to place the other available cards to the other Terrian card.

For example I drawn event card which tells me there there are two major spawns on red and yellow. The red terrian card is on the right-hand side and the yellow terrian card is on the left-hand side. On the right-hand side I only have one card in my blip pile. On the left-hand side I have three cards in the blip pile. According to the event card I should be able place two cards on the red train but cant. From this point forward do I place one GS card on the red and then place the other cards on the yellow terrian card and then proceed forward with the event card and then continue on to travel? Thank you for your help guys and I hope this can be cleared up.

If there are not enough cards in the blip pile to spawn the full amount, you must spawn as many as you are able.

So in your example the one genestealer on the right would spawn on the red terrain, then the top two genestealers on the left would spawn on the yellow terrain. Then you would do Genestealer movement (assuming there is one on this event card).

At this point the event phase ends and since the right blip pile is empty you travel now. The last genestealer in the left blip pile is discarded, then the blip piles will get refilled as you setup the next location.

Dypaca: And so then, once you are finished travelling and deal with the "upon entering" action if any, do you or do not draw another event card?

I started to play where when I moved to a new location, I would draw another event card. But now, having read the rules inside and out, I am presuming that I do not draw another event card, and instead deal with the GS that were spawned when the blip card became empty. Is this correct?

I understand the rules as:

You spawn the GS from the event card left to right. So if you spawn on red terrain first and that pile is depleted...you imedeatly travel. That would mean the you do not spawn on the yellow terrain. The next step would be to see how man tokens I have on the door and remove that many GS from play. Then follow the Travel direction (Place new location card, place terrain cards, discard other GS pile, follow the "Upon Entering" action). Then go back to phase 1 (Choose my actions).

"If there are not enough cards in the blip pile to spawn the full amount, the current player must spawn as many as able (of his choice)" -pg. 22

"Travelling automatically occurs whenever there are 0 cards in any blip pile at the end of any phase." -pg. 25

You always attempt to spawn as many GS as you can. You never start the process of traveling until you fully complete all the steps of the current phase. You should spawn what you can, and move GS as indicated on the Event, then end the Event Phase and proceed to the traveling phase.