What to do when you run out with Invader markers?

By jozefr, in Fortress America

Western Invader has 35 Control Markers

Southern Invader has 30 Control Markers

Eastern Invader has 25 Control Markers

From the Rulebook:" An Invader indicates a declared territory by placing one of his own control markers in the territory with the "Combat" side up.

But what if all your Control Markers are already used? In that case you can not Declare territory and Combat?

(it has happened to me)

Thanks

You can use replacement markers. In this game, only the units and the partisan cards are limited. Everything else should be treated as having an unlimited supply. For example, if you attack with 5 bombers, you can roll 4 dice add up the results then roll 1 die again and add that results to the total. No way is the fifth die "lost" because the game only supplies four 10-sided dice.

How can you be so sure about that ? Why do the control markers have different amounts then ?

Is there anybody from FFG who can confirm us that the number of control markers in this game are accidental and not limited on purpose ?

Thank you

I think its in the rulebook somewhere, but I don't have it with me.

The reason why there are different numbers of Invader markers is due to the circumstances of the Invaders. The Eastern invader is usually the one faced with the stiffest resistance from the USA and hence captures less area's than the Western invader. The Western invader, once he gets past the coastal cities, is faced with less opposition untill he reaches the Rocky Mountains where Partisan cards can stop him. Thus, the Western invader usually captures more territory than the Eastern Invader and thus needs more markers.

But in the end, if you run out you can just use other markers (like coins) or remove them from area's where you already have infantry (so that its clear who the area belongs to). As I said before, the only limited things in this game are the units and the Partisan/Invader cards, where there are specific rules as to what to do when you run out or there are strict limits on how many you should have available at the start of the game.