New to the game, and had several questions that I can't seem to find the answers to.

By Bi0mech81, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

Heyas. I've been playing dust for a couple months and have about 12 games under my belt. A lot of questions have arisen due to some un-clear rules from the rule book. My play group would be deeply grateful if we could get some resolution from more experienced players with the following:

1) Do grenades require a LoS to use them? the paragraph says they can be lobbed "over walls, through doors and windows." I have interpreted this as not needing a line of sight to throw a grenade over a wall onto the enemies hiding on the other side

2) If I am within 3" of another enemy who has hit me already in close combat, am I required to only use close combat weapons?

3) spray weapons seem to get worse the more people I kill with them. it states "Roll number of dice equal to models in the squad." so if I'm shooting at a squad of 5 soldiers, I roll 5 dice. I manage to kill 2 of them, leaving 3 people standing. next time I only roll 3 dice, killing 2 more and leaving 1 standing, so the final time I only get to roll 1 dice? Or is the "Models in the unit" mean how many models its supposed to have when it's at full capacity?

4) Walkers and cover. the rules as we understand them say that if you can draw a line to the walker's base it doesn't get cover… but what if 90% of the walker's base is behind cover, but I can draw a line to that last 10%? is it supposed to be if I can't draw a line to "A" part of the walker's base it gets a cover save?

Thanks in advance :)

Bi0mech81 said:

Heyas. I've been playing dust for a couple months and have about 12 games under my belt. A lot of questions have arisen due to some un-clear rules from the rule book. My play group would be deeply grateful if we could get some resolution from more experienced players with the following:

1) Do grenades require a LoS to use them? the paragraph says they can be lobbed "over walls, through doors and windows." I have interpreted this as not needing a line of sight to throw a grenade over a wall onto the enemies hiding on the other side

2) If I am within 3" of another enemy who has hit me already in close combat, am I required to only use close combat weapons?

3) spray weapons seem to get worse the more people I kill with them. it states "Roll number of dice equal to models in the squad." so if I'm shooting at a squad of 5 soldiers, I roll 5 dice. I manage to kill 2 of them, leaving 3 people standing. next time I only roll 3 dice, killing 2 more and leaving 1 standing, so the final time I only get to roll 1 dice? Or is the "Models in the unit" mean how many models its supposed to have when it's at full capacity?

4) Walkers and cover. the rules as we understand them say that if you can draw a line to the walker's base it doesn't get cover… but what if 90% of the walker's base is behind cover, but I can draw a line to that last 10%? is it supposed to be if I can't draw a line to "A" part of the walker's base it gets a cover save?

Thanks in advance :)

1. You need LOS no matter what the fluff might indicate.

2. Only if you are Reacting to the Close Combat attack. During your unit's activation, they can make any kind of an attack even if an enemy is within 3". Actually, one of the more cheesy ways to get around a Close Combat unit that is "in your face" is to shoot another enemy unit since only your target can React.

3. It is models currently in the unit, so yes spray weapons get worse as you continue attacking the same unit.

4. If even the tiniest sliver of the base is unobstructed, the vehicle gets no cover.