New to game and want to play/build Baratheon Rush…need some advice

By Swisherfan, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

First, thanks for coming to read my post. I am new to the game and on a budget because I also play the Star Wars LCG and others. I want to focus on just playing Baratheon, and I hear Baratheon Rush is their strongest deck. I already paid some extra cash and got the wood Baratheon promo tokens and leather deck box (gotta play with style!). I also purchased 1x Core Set and the Kings of the Storm Box set. Soooooooooo…

1. What other purchases do I need to make in order to field a solid Baratheon rush deck? If it a must have I would like to know so I can get it asap.

2. Is there some example lists of Baratheon rush decks that have done well recently? I like to build my own, but having a starter one to field while I take my tournament lumps will help get me playing sooner.

Thanks for your time and advice,

Chris

A second copy of the Core is always a good early purchase, if nothing else it will let you run 3x Robert and 2x Stannis. Whichever Defenders of the North pack has extra power Mel (I think she was in Return of the Others, but can't get to a card database while at work) would help, and while it isnt essential for rush builds, Gates of the Citadel for The Laughing Storm is nice. Unfortunately Bara is one of the weakest, if not THE weakest House right now and control decks are much stronger than rush decks, but your basic strategy should be to put in plenty of Renown and cards that can stand your Renown guys so they can attack again (Distinct Mastery, Marya Seaworth, etc) and cards that grab power quickly (Superior Claim). I doubt theres a list of Bara rush decks that have done well recently b/c Bara rush hasn't done well recently; your best bet would be to hit up AGoTCards and search all the Bara decks that claim they placed highly in recent events. Good luck!

There is now. John's Long voyage Home Bara.