New Psychic Talents

By TechVoid, in Deathwatch House Rules

Hi Fellows,

I invented some new Psyker Talents, what do you think about them?

Favoured Psychic Power
Prerequisite: WP 55
The Librarian has mastered a distinctive Psychic Power, granting him a +10 Bonus to Focus Power Test whenever evoking this Power.
Special: This Talent can be taken multiple times, each time choosing a different power.

Or alternatively

Favoured Psychic Power
Prerequisite: WP 55
The Librarian has mastered a distinctive Psychic Power which gives him more insight in the ways of the warp. Whenever the Librarian has to roll on the Psychic Phenomena or Perils of the Warp Table, due to invocing the chosen Power, he gets a -10 on the dice result.
Special: This Talent can be taken multiple times, each time choosing a different power.

Quick Invocation
Prerequisite: Invocation, WP 50
Testing Invocation becomes a Half Action.

Rapid (Lightning?) Invocation
Prerequisite: Quick Invocation, Invocation +10, WP 55
Testing Invocation becomes a Free Action.

Sound Invocation
Prerequisite: Quick Invocation, Invocation +10, WP 55
The character adds +2 to the final Psy Rating of any Fettered Power Test instead of +1. Furthermore, the character does not gain a -1 penalty to the final Psy Rating, if the Invocation Test fails.

Superior Invocation
Prerequisite: Sound Invocation, Invocation +20, WP 60
The character may extend the use of Invocation to the Unfettered Power Level.

Cheers,

-- TechVoid

I'm not sure what you are trying to fix with these talents. The fact that Invocation is crap? If that's the case, you should have just changed the entire psychic power system.

I would be surprised if anyone spent XP on Favored Psychic Power in any form. It is already really easy to manifest powers.