(Poland) Regional Tournament in Wroclaw 27/28 April

By rasdsaris, in Warhammer Invasion Organized Play

Dark days are coming … Most ordinary people, leading dull, gray life, unaware of the mysteries of this world do not even notice signs in Heaven and Earth. But trust me. They're coming…

And don't think this story will end the same way as all those announced in a mystical voice like when you're sitting in a dark movie theater. This time, it's not deafening dolby surround that makes shivers on your body. This time, it's not a coca cola, bought with a ticket discount, which will satisfy your desire.

The Calling that each of us can hear, invite for yet another expedition, for the next sword drawing, spell incantation or using our own brilliance to send the Snotlings as a war meat … The Calling, that shows you an ancient city. City of scoffers and rulers. Citadel of arbiters and martyrs. Fortress of bards and conquerors … Countless legends of riches, torn from a dragons (and somehow from the Dwarfs), attracts adventurers for years, but only a few of them, going through the maze of traps, defeating the powerful guards and traffic jams in the city center - are able to reach out and meet the challenge!

Among these legends, there is one song; mentioning a woman, a brave warrior, who lead band of renegade dwarves who managed to put their banner on the top of the tower. It is also about a very young man, who, not so long ago, crept into the city, like the morning mist after the cold night and became the ruler helped with his devilish intrigues and Dark Elves …

Those legends, and empty places in Hall of Fame awaits the next challenger, who will not be afraid to take a trip and be a part of this famous struggle for the Old World!

Dark days are coming … Twin Tailed Comet fell somewhere in the areas of Kislev … It is a sign of a Cataclysm coming. Launch an assault for the last time, because who knows what awaits us next? Who can predict the fate of the world?

So do not hesitate!

Assault on Wroclaw calls!

Get ready for the war, because the time will come soon …

I am pleased and honored to invite you to the next installment of the tournament, which has become a legend on Warhammer Invasion stage. Assault on Wroclaw 2013, this time, in the circumstances of this flourishing Invasion, as well as major changes in the coming time. As usual, it will be the Regional tournament, on the basis of Polish ranking system. I hope that such a turnout, level, and satisfaction - will beat all previous editions.

We are expecting about 70-90 players, so go on. Be a part of this great event!

Tournament Status : Regional Tournament

(I'm waiting for a FFG reply on the European Championship)

Date: 27-28 / 04 / 2013

Place:

Castle Cultural Centre

pl. John's 1

54-076 Wroclaw

http://www.zamek.wroclaw.pl/

(You can view photos, play rooms, underground)

Awards:

- Assault on Wroclaw Trophy 2013 (for the winner)

- Unique Assault on Wroclaw Capital Boards for each player

- More than 20 board and card games for the prizes .

- Regional Champion Trophy 2013

- World Championship Weekend ticket

- 2 Regionals 2013 stoneware mugs

- 8 Full-color Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game playmats

- 16 sets of 6 double-sided Capital Regionals exclusive cards (96 cards total)

- 1 "prize Ruins" - Playmat or deck box from the FFG archives for the last-place player

Main Event Rules:

- Current Tournament Rules

- Updated FAQ

- Standard 1v1

- Swiss 6 rounds + top 16

- Allowed to play cards from each battlepack/expansion, that is on sale at the date of tournament.

- Decklist necessary

- Any language cards (if it is a different version than the PL or ENG, please, bring sheet with ENG translation)

Additional events:

- Multiplayer (rules to be posted on forum thread below)

Buy-in (for a main tournament and any side event):

PRE-PAY: 45PLN (12€O)

ON THE EVENT DAY: 55PLN (15€O)

Payment data:

Michal Miszczuk
Laciarska 5/1
50-104 Wroclaw
BIC/SWIFT code: ALBPPLPW
PL71 2490 1044 0000 4200 6749 3389
Tittle: AoW, your name and surname.

(Please confirm payment on my email below)

Accommodation / Hotel / Catering

- Accommodation - for the first 50 people with a deposit, it is possible accommodation on site, at the Castle, with an own foam pad, sleeping bag, on the floor in shared place - 5PLN (1,5€O) for your trouble.

- In the area there are lot of hostels/hotels where u can accomodate for about 13-20 €O

Here are some links:

http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-6606-ibis-budget-wroclaw-stadion-previously-etap-hotel/index.shtml

If u will email me, we will help u with an acomodation at 100% rate.

- Food,: There is a kebab/pizza/traditional meal, near the Castle, for about 3-5 €O for a dinner.

FOR ANY QUESTIONS, HELP, INFORMATIONS, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT: [email protected]

I'm very happy to announce, that this tournament will be official European Championships !!

WOW European Championship!!!! i'm in!!!

I tried the top Ork deck out and it's honestly just a mess. Directionless and very weak in combat. I find it hard to believe it finished as high as it did considered how impotent it feels in combat. You have one card that doles out damage to other cards (Baby Squig) and then 12 Units that would immediately die if that damage is dealt to them? WTF? Then, as if that wasn't bizarre enough, there are WAY too many Support cards and the collection of Tactics is bizarre as well with tons of Unit sweepers but no way to really resist their effects yourself. And this deck always feels like you don't have enough potent units. Morglor is great but that and Grimgor are your only genuine threats and even Grimgor isn't that scary, all things considered.

Unfortunately, this deck lacks the precise things which make the Orks so fearsome in W40k and in W:I up to this point - speed and sheer attacking power.

Badly needs an overhaul. I'd avoid playing or making this deck without serious tweaks, folks. You've been warned. :(

Wytefang the fact that you can't pilot the deck doesn't mean that the deck is weak. Back at that time Wurrzag deck with Unending Horde and Snotlong Invasions was the best orc deck.

This deck doesn't have Snotling Invasions or Unending Horde. :)

And I can assure you, having finished 9th in the GenCon World Championships back in 2010 as well as having crafted the 6th place player's deck also, that I know how to play and play well. :)

I'm a bit behind the curve at this point having taken a break from the game but I can tell a non-functioning deck when I see it. Furthermore, I backed up my remarks with specific facts that prove my point.

Edited by Wytefang

I tried the top Ork deck

I thought you were talking about top orc deck, fourth place...

And I can assure you, having finished 9th in the GenCon World Championships back in 2010 as well as having crafted the 6th place player's deck also, that I know how to play and play well. :)

So, how many players were there back in 2010 at GenCon? Because this year there were under 30. Usually the polish guys know what they are doing. But to further discuss this, could you post the deck you are talking about plz?

Oh I totally agree with you, I definitely trust the quality of the Polish and Euro players big-time, honestly I do. Which is why I was so flummoxed at just how crappy this deck was. :(

Going to fix it myself, I think, so it's more functional and dangerous. Here's the link:

http://deckbox.org/sets/468124#comments

It's never fun to bash on someone's deck - we all take that somewhat personally - but I was trusting that our Polish friends across the pond would have some killer decks for Orks and this one failed me. :(

So this is best orc deck from Polish Championships, not Tournament in Wrocław....and it is mine deck :D

This deck isn't perfect, but I'm quite happy how it turned out. Back then Snotling Invasion had Unique, now I have x3 instead of Baby Squig.

Too many tactics you say? You should have seen Gardine's deck. Also what were you expecting from Wurrzag deck?

I didn't have Liber Mortis because I don't have the card although I bet Heroic Task Wurrzag in top 16.

I think we're going to have some troubles communicating due to language differences and I'm super sorry if my unhappiness with this deck has upset you. I mean no offense but I had a super crummy experience with the deck so I needed to vent.

I can see what it's trying to do, you lean on Wurrzag's & Morglor to fight while relying on his free Tactic to wipe everything out. It also appears that you have a Tactic in this deck meant to help you attack for damage while everyone else is unable to (the one where non-damaged units don't deal damage) - it's probably also used to help keep Wurrzag safer.

However, the Baby Squigs are counter-productive, like I've said since you're using 12 units that insta-die to it. Furthermore, if the strategy is to sweep the board a lot, just run less units then or units that can return somehow (Undead perhaps?), rather than just killing your own units wholesale due to the sweepers.

Finally, it just doesn't seem terribly potent since you're leaning on Wurrzag & Morglor to do your attacking and heavy lifting but those are 6 cards out of a deck of 50, so you actually could play matches where they don't even line up together OR worse, if your opponent is running Support destruction, they could easily neutralize Morglor, making it take even longer to win the game AND when you're using Wurrzag, you have to burn 3 zones now instead of 2, making your task that much harder, unfortunately. :(

It's just a really unfocused deck that doesn't do anything very well and can't itself fight back against most other decks from what my experiences with it showed me (I played it many, many times making sure I understood it and against many top Polish decks - since I know you guys make some good ones!).

I didn't have Liber Mortis because I don't have the card

WHI forums most active poster doesn't own all the cards?!? :huh:

Didn't see that coming.

(I think Liber Mortis is an awesome card, but can be expensive. I feel like when I run Artefacts they don't see play consistently)

Edited by Kaine82

However, the Baby Squigs are counter-productive, like I've said since you're using 12 units that insta-die to it.

Well, it's not my deck, but I think the most important thing that baby squig has to do is being sacrificed for teef ritual.

The damage aspect can be useful when playing against other Wurrzag decks, but that's it, mostly.

And you really can plan when to play that unit. It's not that you have to so in the moment you get it only because it's free. You're waiting until you need it or play it in a desolated zone. There is no reason why this would kill your own units as long as you're keeping the track of your board.

It's just a really unfocused deck that doesn't do anything very well and can't itself fight back against most other decks from what my experiences with it showed me (I played it many, many times making sure I understood it and against many top Polish decks - since I know you guys make some good ones!).

Well, this is your opinion, based on your experiences. I think it looks like a "normal" Wurrzag deck at that time, and those Wurrzag decks were and are very strong in my opinion and referring to the results of latest tournaments.

Sure, there are differences in the quality of Wurrzag decks. Not every Wurrzag deck is a good one. But no matter where on that scale this deck is located, you're words that it "doesn't do anything well" seem a little uncompromising to me.

However, the Baby Squigs are counter-productive, like I've said since you're using 12 units that insta-die to it.

Well, it's not my deck, but I think the most important thing that baby squig has to do is being sacrificed for teef ritual.

The damage aspect can be useful when playing against other Wurrzag decks, but that's it, mostly.

And you really can plan when to play that unit. It's not that you have to so in the moment you get it only because it's free. You're waiting until you need it or play it in a desolated zone. There is no reason why this would kill your own units as long as you're keeping the track of your board.

This guy gets it.

Finally, it just doesn't seem terribly potent since you're leaning on Wurrzag & Morglor to do your attacking and heavy lifting but those are 6 cards out of a deck of 50, so you actually could play matches where they don't even line up together OR worse, if your opponent is running Support destruction, they could easily neutralize Morglor, making it take even longer to win the game AND when you're using Wurrzag, you have to burn 3 zones now instead of 2, making your task that much harder, unfortunately. :(

You missed Immortulz? With them I punch with morglored Wurrzag for 6 per attack. Also I can use other units if I don't have to vomit, even Grimgor in battlefield can be deadly. Morglor can be destroyed? Like everything in this game? I have 3 copies and it costs one so please, go ahead.

Sorry Wytefang but as I see it you're not very competetive player and you don't realize this deck is in fact the opposite of what you say, it is quite consitent.

It can easily take down everything you play starting from turn 2. Does it matter that I'm attacking for 2 or 4 when only thing you have is your capital?

You think orc speed rush decks are good? Good luck against Pleasure Cults, infinite Hekarti and other orc Wurrzag decks.

WHI forums most active poster doesn't own all the cards?!? :huh:

Didn't see that coming.

I have all the greenskins, some must have neutrals and all the skaven. Although I'm familiar with all the cards, I'm polish forum guy "in-the-know" about the rules and tournament judge :P

Edited by Virgo

While you can certainly decide when to play your Squigs, having so many other units who die to it, means you have to constant jam it into places you may not have wanted it to go or wait to play it - which simply isn't terribly effective. If you're going to go with the damage thing, actually use units who can sustain the damage.

And yes, you do have the Immortulz BUT they're also Unique and worse, can only defend or attack when the Legend defends or attacks. Talk about limiting. So yeah, you're still mainly attacking with only your Legend - the Immortulz aren't immune to sweeper spells.

I like the idea behind this and it IS impressive that you finished 7th with it - proves you can play well even when using a limiting deck, but that works both ways, you only finished 7th with it, so it was crummier than 6 other decks, too. That goes both ways.

As a sidenote - Having been reading many threads here and at BGG and catching up on some stuff, it's great that the game is at least thriving overseas in some places BUT beware of getting cocky and too full of yourselves just because of that. I've read a lot of prideful things being said by our Polish and Euro gaming friends who play this game and that's uncool. Your Polish or Euro metagame experiences may not reflect reality or other places's metagames. So while you're thinking "we got this metagame figured out, we know everything, yay!" the reality may not entirely reflect that. :(

All that last part being said, I DO hold you guys overseas in super high regard as far as knowing this game goes. And I love that you guys really love the game, that's better than over here where it's basically floundering pretty badly. But getting mad because someone finds your deck less impressive is unnecessary and unhelpful for your deck, too. :(

Edited by Wytefang

And for the record, I'm more than confident I can hold my own on the tournament scene. We sadly don't really have much of one here in the USA anymore so I suppose that point is moot. For the record you don't see me disparaging your playing skills just because I don't agree with you, like you've done to me. Try not to let yourself get so heavily married to your deck designs, that helps a lot. ;)

While you can certainly decide when to play your Squigs, having so many other units who die to it, means you have to constant jam it into places you may not have wanted it to go or wait to play it - which simply isn't terribly effective. If you're going to go with the damage thing, actually use units who can sustain the damage.

Baby Squig with Ritual is extremely effective, in fact, it is the most effective unit for it in the whole game.

And yes, you do have the Immortulz BUT they're also Unique and worse, can only defend or attack when the Legend defends or attacks. Talk about limiting. So yeah, you're still mainly attacking with only your Legend - the Immortulz aren't immune to sweeper spells.

They are immune to Smash 'Em.

I like the idea behind this and it IS impressive that you finished 7th with it - proves you can play well even when using a limiting deck, but that works both ways, you only finished 7th with it, so it was crummier than 6 other decks, too. That goes both ways.

So this deck is weak because I wasn't first? I told you: DE hand control has eaten me alive.

As a sidenote - Having been reading many threads here and at BGG and catching up on some stuff, it's great that the game is at least thriving overseas in some places BUT beware of getting cocky and too full of yourselves just because of that. I've read a lot of prideful things being said by our Polish and Euro gaming friends who play this game and that's uncool. Your Polish or Euro metagame experiences may not reflect reality or other places's metagames. So while you're thinking "we got this metagame figured out, we know everything, yay!" the reality may not entirely reflect that. :(

Says person who dig up a thread from march to say that a deck from (other) tournament is bad.

For the record you don't see me disparaging your playing skills just because I don't agree with you, like you've done to me. Try not to let yourself get so heavily married to your deck designs, that helps a lot. ;)

I'm not impressed with your skills with my deck, you don't know how to use cards in it ;)

Edited by Virgo

For the record you don't see me disparaging your playing skills just because I don't agree with you, like you've done to me.

I'm sure you didn't want to, but disparaging a player's deck is disparaging that player's deck building skills and understanding of the game in a way. But again - I don't think this was your intention.

Anyway. I don't feel like someone will change his mind here, so let us be happy about everyone having his own opinion and our nice community were nobody is disparaging anyone. : D

No worries, we've taken our conflict to Deckbox. Where despite my intentions to be peaceful, this braggart continues to whine and bluster. What a jackwad. With players like this around these forums, no wonder people don't really come here as much as they once did. Sigh.

/facepalm

Come on guys!Lets not be so OrKy! :D

No worries, we've taken our conflict to Deckbox. Where despite my intentions to be peaceful, this braggart continues to whine and bluster. What a jackwad. With players like this around these forums, no wonder people don't really come here as much as they once did. Sigh.

/facepalm

Don't know what you're talking about, stop making stuff up.