New FAQ is out - Hamu - Kopesh - Necronomicon - Glimpse

By Konx, in CoC General Discussion

I guess they will write an article about it, but the new FAQ is out with some clarification/errata.

Interesting:

- Glimpse of the Void is banned. Opinions? it didn't place in any major tournament, if you look at the results.

- Kopesh has been worded a bit better. Cool.

- Necro was nerfed down (printed skill). Still good as a "reanimator" tool against destruction deck and easy to pull out if needed with Shock/Logan. Not bad, but no infinite combo.

- Hamu has been clarified: as predicted, it cannot recur itself

- Other clarifications

bye

Konx

Konx said:

I guess they will write an article about it, but the new FAQ is out with some clarification/errata.

Interesting:

- Glimpse of the Void is banned. Opinions? it didn't place in any major tournament, if you look at the results.

- Kopesh has been worded a bit better. Cool.

- Necro was nerfed down (printed skill). Still good as a "reanimator" tool against destruction deck and easy to pull out if needed with Shock/Logan. Not bad, but no infinite combo.

- Hamu has been clarified: as predicted, it cannot recur itself

- Other clarifications

Sorry, HilariousPete and I have been having a conversation on the Rules subforum.

Glimpse - it's good that it's banned since with so much recursion (only to get easier in Yog expansion) it would be too easy to lock an opponent out.

Khopesh - I like the wording since it's how most players intuitively think it works anyway, where you just put it on a character with toughness and hack away. It's only until recently that I've heard of players coming up with creative ways to cancel the wound to the attached character.

Necronomicon - still powerful but not overly so. This change was expected and good. Although I'm sure a lot of our European combo players aren't thrilled. Still I'm sure the creative ones will come up with something in the next season. :)

Hamu - also predicted and relieving that the devs can understand their own timing structure. I kid, I kid. ;)

I was half expecting some change or restriction to Nug. He's going to be crazy this regionals. mwahaha.

It's a shame that Glimpse had to be banned, I was hoping for something like "remove from play" after you use it. Block the recursion but still allow the card to be used once.

Call me crazy but I don't see how khopesh changed at all…

Khopesh + Agency Bodyguard + Shriven and Resolute combo my friend theorycrafted is shut down. Haven heard of anyone playing it though…

And Glimpse cost you 2 story phases, it was really useless except for mill decks that shut down story phase, if they dont want to get more event hate ban seems like a good idea. Its not like you cant play fun decks with it if your group likes it, and playing against Glimpse is really not fun at all when you cant do anything and opponent just plays events that reccur it - i played against glimpse without any characters (extereme test deck, it could win and there wasnt much counterplay when all it had was stalling/milling events/supports).

Konx said:

I'm glad it's banned since denying the story phase turn after turn is no fun at all and destroys too many 'regular' decks that rely on story struggles. I seem to recall that when the LCG was started, FFG stated they wanted the story phase to regain the importance it had apparently lost in later CCG days. Glimpse obviously is detrimental to that goal.

Do you all remember a question in the FAQ before regarding the interaction of Snow Graves with Yog-Sothoth, Lord of Time and Space? I think it said you could trigger the event but it stays in your discard instead of moving to the bottom of the deck. That question is gone now, and instead there is a (apprently new) section "2.32 Playing Events" which says that an event comes out of the discard pile when played from the discard. Does this imply that you can no longer play events using his (or some other ability) from the discard with Snow Graves attached?

Also, do you think this would apply to characters (like the new Lost Oracle). It doesn't seem to since the ability is triggered from the discard without it ever leaving play.

Snow Graves is definitely going in my decks again this year… it shuts down so many things.