Card Storageā€¦

By MRex22, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

Hey Folks,

I thought this was dealt with before, but I couldn't find anything by searching. Does FFG make 'deck boxes' that will fit the DT cards? If not, what do you guys store your cards in? I have quite a few and I don't want them to get beat up from transport.

Thanks!

I store mine in a ziploc bag.

I don't travel with them much, though.

Those cards are sturdy as hell. I don't see any need to sleeve them or store them in a special box. A ziplock does fine.

I just use plastic bags, mainly to seperate the force I intend using from the others and into class, these things won't get damaged at all.

I have transported mine quite a bit and I never even threw them into a bag, they still look brand new, they're extremely sturdy. I've since made storage boxes that fit all my tanks, walkers, and helicopters and left a space to put my cards for ease of transport. I think you'll be fine just throwing them into a plastic bag.

I don't know if this will help anyone but I keep mine in a Loth box, they fit perfectly, i think it is the same size box the premium medium walkers come in.

I have to say that my older cards, now about three years old are begining to delaminate. So the Dust Studio brands sleeves are not a bad idea IMHO.

I should have probably noted in regards to their carry capacity that I have never tested their limits, and sleeved cards obvioulsy take up more room, but each of my factions have about 30 cards each, which easly fit in a single holder for each faction.

Awesome, guys. Thank you!

I just got from amazon a case with seven of the clam shell cases for $10.00.

Has nobody thought of photo albums? The cards are almost the same as a 4x6 photo.

Yeah, the photo clamshells I linked to are for photos, so any form of photo holder will work, from the clamshells to photo binders, photo indexes and rolodex like holders, etc. At Cradt stores you can also find sleeves made or photos or recipe cards that fit them as well.

fhaugh said:

Has nobody thought of photo albums? The cards are almost the same as a 4x6 photo.

I like the clam shell idea because you can just take the cards you need with you and leave the rest behind. It makes for a small package you can put in your coat pocket if needed.

The clamshells are also very quick cleanup, as you just stack the cards and toss them in the case.

With photo pages my OCD makes me keep them in AP order (my problem and not a negative for most) and they are slower going in and out if also sleeved.

If buying the clamshells, you can buy the set with six cases and the clear hinged box to hold them.

play botth Axis and Allied factions so I have three cases for each faction: heroes in one, squads in one, and vehicles in the last, and it keeps them sorted enough for quick army building

Fenton said:

The clamshells are also very quick cleanup, as you just stack the cards and toss them in the case.

With photo pages my OCD makes me keep them in AP order (my problem and not a negative for most) and they are slower going in and out if also sleeved.

If buying the clamshells, you can buy the set with six cases and the clear hinged box to hold them.

play botth Axis and Allied factions so I have three cases for each faction: heroes in one, squads in one, and vehicles in the last, and it keeps them sorted enough for quick army building

Agreed. The box I got holds seven smaller clams shellsall included.

Someone on boardgamegeek has a file of a printable box for the cards.