Question inside: Exhausted character with Action text

By CthIngo, in CoC Rules Discussion

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to the CoC:LCG and this (though probably simple) question came up we couldn't finally resolve searching here and there:

Can I use the "Action" on a character card if this character is exhausted (due to being committed to a story) if this "Action" does not need this character to be exhausted to take effect?

Example: #126 Ancient Guardian

Action: Pay 1 to choose and ready an exhausted character or support card you control.

So can I commit this character to a story (exhausting it) and pay 1 to ready it again right after in this case?

We played it this way, as other cards stated to exhaust a character to use it's action - this didn't. But we're not sure...

Thanks for your help!

CthIngo said:

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to the CoC:LCG and this (though probably simple) question came up we couldn't finally resolve searching here and there:

Can I use the "Action" on a character card if this character is exhausted (due to being committed to a story) if this "Action" does not need this character to be exhausted to take effect?

Example: #126 Ancient Guardian

Action: Pay 1 to choose and ready an exhausted character or support card you control.

So can I commit this character to a story (exhausting it) and pay 1 to ready it again right after in this case?

We played it this way, as other cards stated to exhaust a character to use it's action - this didn't. But we're not sure...

Thanks for your help!

In the example you mentioned, the Ancient Guardian doesn't need to exhaust to trigger it's ability, so you can use the ability even while AG is exhausted.

Thanks! That's what we thought, but who knows, so I'd rather ask gui%C3%B1o.gif