So...

By flervk, in Age of Conan

.. did anybody get it yet?

I'm collecting first-hand info, just to be sure gran_risa.gif

Is FFG version different in any way than those by other publisher?

Not sure about differences between this and other versions. I can tell you: you REALLY get your money's worth of stuff in this box.

Lots of beautiful cards, beautiful board, and a terrific job on the rules. I've had no problems/questions with any parts of the rules. They read like the game will be really, really fun. First game coming up this Tuesday!

TK

Tim Kelly said:

Not sure about differences between this and other versions. I can tell you: you REALLY get your money's worth of stuff in this box.

Lots of beautiful cards, beautiful board, and a terrific job on the rules. I've had no problems/questions with any parts of the rules. They read like the game will be really, really fun. First game coming up this Tuesday!

TK

very nice, very nice.

how about miniatures, what's the size?

I've been looking forward to paint them, so do I need very small or extra very small brush?

:)

Yep, as discussed in the Play Reports thread, it was available here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, so I bought it when it was out.

Miniatures are roughly the same size as the ones in War Of The Ring, although Conan's figure is a little taller than the rest. The troop and emissary figures are different for each nation, but towers and forts are the same across the board.

InfinityDoctor said:

Yep, as discussed in the Play Reports thread, it was available here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, so I bought it when it was out.

Miniatures are roughly the same size as the ones in War Of The Ring, although Conan's figure is a little taller than the rest. The troop and emissary figures are different for each nation, but towers and forts are the same across the board.

ouch! I was hoping they'll be somewhat bigger than WoTR.

it's pretty painful (at least for me) to paint them so small.

I really like the size of the minis in this game. It took me forever to paint Descent. I find these ones paint a little faster. I still got a long way to go though. So far, I have 11 painted and they all look fantastic!

The minis size is nice - Chaos in the Old Wolrd minis are too small imho - those here are "normal size" :)

But I sometimes do have problems with moving/placing larger armies in provinces that are quite small (central Hyboria).

YoshiPL said:

The minis size is nice - Chaos in the Old Wolrd minis are too small imho - those here are "normal size" :)

But I sometimes do have problems with moving/placing larger armies in provinces that are quite small (central Hyboria).

Yes but you should be use to that ESPECIALLY if you have played Axis & Allies! LOL!