Multi-Resource Objectives & Wookie Navigator

By donniedroc, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hello. My son and I have been loving the game, but we still have a couple of questions.

1) On an objective like 'Mobilize the Squadrons', it has 2 resources that can be used. If I use the objective for 1 resource to deploy a unit, can I later in the deployment phase use the other resource to deploy another unit? In other words, is the objective 'exhausted' for generating resources if it only was used once?

2) I think I have my own answer here, but want to check. The reaction on Wookie Navigator is 'After this unit survives an engagement as an attacker, you may engage this same objective an additional time this phase.' This doesn't mean that the Wookie Navigator can engage it again (he is exhausted, right?). It means that a different unit can engage the same objective, which changes the 'once per conflict phase' rule on page 18.

Thanks in advance.

donniedroc said:

Hello. My son and I have been loving the game, but we still have a couple of questions.

1) On an objective like 'Mobilize the Squadrons', it has 2 resources that can be used. If I use the objective for 1 resource to deploy a unit, can I later in the deployment phase use the other resource to deploy another unit? In other words, is the objective 'exhausted' for generating resources if it only was used once?

2) I think I have my own answer here, but want to check. The reaction on Wookie Navigator is 'After this unit survives an engagement as an attacker, you may engage this same objective an additional time this phase.' This doesn't mean that the Wookie Navigator can engage it again (he is exhausted, right?). It means that a different unit can engage the same objective, which changes the 'once per conflict phase' rule on page 18.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums.

1) If you put a focus token on it to pay for one card, it cannot be used again until all focus tokens are removed. If you're going to use both resources for Mobilize the Squadrons (or any other multi-resource objective) you must spend both to pay for a single card.

2) I believe you are correct. Nothing causes the Wookiee Navigator to be readied (unfocused) and nothing forces or allows him to participate in subsequent engagements with that objective. He just allows you to engage it twice in a turn against the normal rules, as you stated.