Tome of Blood Archetypes.

By BTJ, in Black Crusade

I was just wondering what Archetypes are in Tome of Blood as I want to get it, but only if they put Night Lords in as an Archetype. A list of the others would be great too because some of my Players are the type to enjoy World eaters a bit too much, so I'd like to throw them a bone.

BTJ said:

I was just wondering what Archetypes are in Tome of Blood as I want to get it, but only if they put Night Lords in as an Archetype. A list of the others would be great too because some of my Players are the type to enjoy World eaters a bit too much, so I'd like to throw them a bone.

Khorne Berzerkers, Night Lords, Xurunt Frost Father and Chem-Hunter of Messia. the first two are (obviously) chaos marine archetypes and the last two are for humans.

the Khorne Berzerkers and night lords are more advanced that basic archetypes out of the main rule book, so keep that in mind when considering game balance.

All of the new archetypes are more advanced.

To add to the descriptions: The Xurunt Frost Father is more or less your average viking/hun warlord with a cool dinosaur mount. The Messia Chem-Hunter is a nomad mercenary from a Mad Max style world. Thoroughly addicted to about any combat drug known, they gain further bonuses for heavy substance abuse.

Cifer said:

All of the new archetypes are more advanced.

To add to the descriptions: The Xurunt Frost Father is more or less your average viking/hun warlord with a cool dinosaur mount. The Messia Chem-Hunter is a nomad mercenary from a Mad Max style world. Thoroughly addicted to about any combat drug known, they gain further bonuses for heavy substance abuse.

that said, I like the chaos source books that I've seen so far. I even liked Tome of Blood, which considering my disgust with Khorne is saying something…