Force Weapon Question

By user4574, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

I couldn't see if this has been answered already, so apologies if it has.

In DotDG, for the potential Daemon Weapon properties, one of them allows it to act as a Force Weapon using the Daemon's WP. I'm fine with that, but it says that the weapon can 'kill outright as per a Force Weapon'. Did they change it from dealing damage to killing outright when FFG reprinted the BI IH or is this just a typo...I've only got and seen the BI version, so if it's changed, I won't have known about it.

Cheers

user4574 said:

I couldn't see if this has been answered already, so apologies if it has.

In DotDG, for the potential Daemon Weapon properties, one of them allows it to act as a Force Weapon using the Daemon's WP. I'm fine with that, but it says that the weapon can 'kill outright as per a Force Weapon'. Did they change it from dealing damage to killing outright when FFG reprinted the BI IH or is this just a typo...I've only got and seen the BI version, so if it's changed, I won't have known about it.

No, that's an error. Some of the playtest feedback (such as mine, which spotted that error and several others) was never put into place (having been lost) as Disciples was playtested during Black Industries' final month or so, when everything was being handed over to Fantasy Flight Games. What the text should have said, I don't know...

In 40k tabletop, that was the way force weapons work. Maybe people at the office were playing a bit too much warhammer and not enough editing of the book lengua.gif