Recovery ability on new SSU walkers

By beyond667, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

I must admit, I'm quite curious about how any kind of Recovery capability is going to be implemented in Dust Warfare.

Do you have any ideas which wouldn't complicate the game too much?

How does it work in Dust Tactics (which I've never played)?

Destroyed vehicles don't leave any wreckage behind in the current ruleset, so there is nothing to salvage. And even if there was: What could the benefit be?

Maybe it is something along the lines of:

'every time a vehicle within 6'' of a miniature with the Recovery ability gets destroyed, put a Recovery Marker on the miniature.

You can spend one marker during a repair action performed by this miniature to skip the repair roll and automatically repair up to 3 points of damage.'

any other ideas?

My guess is that the they will have either the Mechanic or Tank Head abilities in Warfare.

A Recovery ability could be used, in some form, for campaigns.

Yeah, I also thin that is a given. I read somewhere that one of the 4 versions has 2 repair arms. My bet is that one has Tank Head, and the versions with one weapon and one repair arm have mechanic.

But with the whole fluff text focusing on salvage, it would feel weird if they don't address this at all, rules-wise.

In Tactics, they have Self Repair, and when a vehicle is destroyed, place a marker. If the recovery vehicle can use an action to salvage the marker, it's only worth half VP to the enemy. So not sure how that would translate, or if FFG takes recovery in a completely different direction

Thanks for the Tactics input! Self repair seems like a good and adaptable idea for Warfare. They sure look like they already have been self-repairing quite a lot..
I don't think that the Warfare version will have anything that impacts scenario-specific Victory Points. Most of the scenarios don't even have kill points.

LannisterCrimson said:

Thanks for the Tactics input! Self repair seems like a good and adaptable idea for Warfare. They sure look like they already have been self-repairing quite a lot..
I don't think that the Warfare version will have anything that impacts scenario-specific Victory Points. Most of the scenarios don't even have kill points.

Self Repair is already in the Warfare Core Rules. Grants Mechanic to itself. I agree that Tactics Recovery probably won't translate. Will be interesting to see which direction they take it.

As far as the Zverograd campaign rules, this would allow the recovery of a destroyed vehicle without a die roll, or perhaps with blanks counting as a success? I could see all sorts of campaign usefulness! Thanks you nobs enfadado now I have to get one! Aaaaarrrgggh!