Rough release date?

By Gaztutts, in Letters from Whitechapel

Good morning all

Anyone know when the rough date for relase is please? Use to play FoD - first edition (do miss the drawing of "chits" especially when someone found you, drew day and had a stake! Why oh why was I outside in the daytime . . . :P ) and this seems right up my street.

Is the original worth getting of LfW or is it worth waiting for this reprint?

Many thanks

Lorimez

The only things different in the re-release are wooden chits rather than cardboard, different coloured plastic counters, and a massively larger hidden movement screen.

I've been wanting this game for quite a while now, and I'm so happy that FFG has picked it up. Due to the improved rule book and components, I'll definitely hold out for the FFG release instead of trying to get my hands on an original copy. I can't wait, so please be quick FFG!

I am really excited to try this game I have not seen anything in the way of release date but I am hoping to find out soon.

As I remember there was some official announcement on FB that the new edition of this game will be released in May, so I immediately pre-ordered it.

Now, its the middle of june, so I'm a bit disappointed… I'm thinking about to cancel the preorder, and to buy smtg else instead.

[email protected] said:

As I remember there was some official announcement on FB that the new edition of this game will be released in May, so I immediately pre-ordered it.

Now, its the middle of june, so I'm a bit disappointed… I'm thinking about to cancel the preorder, and to buy smtg else instead.

The game is "on the boat" now, and they said it should be available in July. Not too long from here, though, but I understand your disappointment.

This is the end of September, the "winter is coming" slowly, and the game is nowhere.

I'm disappointed in FFG, I will never preorder anything from them.

Julia, Im afraid that the boat is lost somewhere, FFG should send an escape expedition to find it...

Winter is coming.

Zoldiz, sorry, I've seen only now your post... I guess something went wrong with your pre-order. I got my copy in August, and now the game is being reprinted. Out of curiosity, did you order the game directly from FFG?

Hi Julia,

no, I did not order it from FFg directly, but from a local (hungarian) reseller.

They haven't met with any boat having a copy of this game in its container, and I haven't met a copy in Essen Spiel neither.

Obviously it's a shame. Perhaps not mine...

Maybe we need Sherlock to figure out where it was lost.

I'm disappointed in FFG very much.

BTW, could you please mention any (!) european distributor where it can be bought?

The order is placed at the two biggest ones (UK and German) by my reseller.

Well, I guess it's not FFG fault. I mean: if they release 2.000 copies for a game (just making numbers, no idea of the number of copies pressed for any FFG title), and distributors know they will get those, but accept pre-orders for more copies then it happens that some customers can't have their pre-orders fulfilled. It happens to me with some ships for X-Wing wave 3. It's disappointing, but I don't think FFG is to blame, but the people accepting the orders / the distributors.

Still, I'm sorry for what happened to you.

You can get all FFG titles from a UK shop called bookdepository.com They offer free shipping worldwide and usually have great prices on FFG titles (I got Whitechape from them for 39 EUR, which was a fairly reasonable price). Here you have the direct link for the game, and you can activate an e.mail notification for when it returns available. Their service is top notch, and I can't but recomend their work. Still, for this one, you should wait for the reprint to be available (I guess before Christmas, but it's just a guess)

(and sorry for the late answer. In case, just PM me)

Hi Julia,

Winter is not only coming, but it has arrived, the boat is sunk, the postman is lost, and I still have no letters from Whitechapel...

No european distributors have/had any of them neither. As I mentioned the order is placed at both biggest european distributors (!!!), but none of them haven't received from this game, it only could be bought in USA, so yes, I am obviously blaming FFG for thinking only in US.

I've decided not to cancel my order, I am really intrested now in how much ->seasons (!) I have to wait for it...

I think I will never order anything from FFG, this is a good way how to lose customers. And FFG can be sure, I'm not the only one...

cheers,

ZZ

Hi there!

sorry for your disappointment (but I do love your humour :) ). Don't know what to say, really, I live in Europe, and I got my copy from a european distributor, so, some copies must have arrived. Still, the game is language independant, so you could consider getting:

a) german edition here (39 EUR + shipping - the seller is awesome, I got some games from him and he was amazing)

b) english edition here (42 EUR + shipping)

according to the FFG schedule, the reprint is to be out in December 2013, so, some more weeks and it should be out

Fingers crossed :)

JULIA

This is a great example of why I never preorder anything. I have this thing about receiving the product I paid for shortly after paying for it, so I always wait until the store/site has the product in stock before handing over money.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Zoldiz. Regardless of whose fault it is, I hope you get the game soon. =)