How long have your league games been taking?

By Twilight, in Arkham Horror League

Just currious, how long has everyone's league games been taking. I think we are averaging around 2-2.5 hours. We had one 2 player game that was barely over an hour (won by closing 6 gates). I know it is just the base game, so it plays a little quicker anyway, but it has been kind of fun to finish a game and actually think "Hey, we could play another game right now."

How long are the games lasting for everyone else? Do they seem shorter to you? If so, do you like the shorter game?

To be honest, the quicker games have been a lot of fun.

The first one took almost seven hours (solo with four investigators) - one of the longest games I ever had.

The second was relatively short, two, maybe two and a half hours.

Both took around 1.5 hours, which is a bit quicker then our regular AH games. We play in team of 4.

jhaelen said:

The first one took almost seven hours (solo with four investigators) - one of the longest games I ever had.

Seven hours? Solo? Were you high?

Avi_dreader said:

jhaelen said:

gui%C3%B1o.gif

Well, it takes me at least half an hour to even set up the game (more if expansions are involved). And when I'm playing solo I'm spending a lot of time planning every move while doing upkeep, calculating my chances to beat monsters, etc. so it takes me about 5 min per character per turn. Since the game took 18 turns to finish, if you're adding a couple of short breaks, you'll arrive at almost seven hours.

jhaelen said:

Avi_dreader said:

jhaelen said:

No more than usual gui%C3%B1o.gif

Well, it takes me at least half an hour to even set up the game (more if expansions are involved). And when I'm playing solo I'm spending a lot of time planning every move while doing upkeep, calculating my chances to beat monsters, etc. so it takes me about 5 min per character per turn. Since the game took 18 turns to finish, if you're adding a couple of short breaks, you'll arrive at almost seven hours.

Yeesh. You need to speed up your turns :')

We played Scenario 1 with a team of 8 Investigators and took 2.5 - 3 hours (that resulted in that epic win they had)

Scenario 2, however, we played with one sitting after our regular tabletop RPG session. We ended about the same time with a win :D

So yes, in the average, maybe 2-3 hours for a League game

terranova18 said:

We played Scenario 1 with a team of 8 Investigators and took 2.5 - 3 hours (that resulted in that epic win they had)

Scenario 2, however, we played with one sitting after our regular tabletop RPG session. We ended about the same time with a win :D

So yes, in the average, maybe 2-3 hours for a League game

Unless you're jhaelen :') in which case it takes seventeen hours.

in our 2 player games they take about 2 hours.

tamsyn said:

in our 2 player games they take about 2 hours.

gui%C3%B1o.gif

There isn't much planning involved, you're too busy dealing with what needs to be done _immediately_. No time for extended shopping sprees or going through Arkham Encounters.

We just finished scenario 2 in about 1.5 hours.