Misk/Shub deck white bordered

By trollandtoad, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

So I've been tinkering around with the core set and the asylum packs, and came up with this deck..please critique as I'm fairly new to Cthulhu LCG.

Characters:

Miskatonic:

Anthropology Advisor x3

Chess Prodigy x3

Dr. Ali Kafour x1

Dr. Carson x2

Laboratory Assistant x2

Natural Philosopher x2

Professor Albert Wilmarth (Folklore Expert) x1

Student Archaelogist x3

Shub:

Hungry Dark Young x2

Mi-Go Scout x3

Mi-Go Warrior x3

Mind Eater x3

Nyogtha x1

Events:

Misk:

Unearthing the Ancients x2

Shub:

Bred to Survive x2

Burrowing Beneath x2

Shocking Transformation x2

Neutral:

Beneath the Surface x2

Inside Information x3

With a Fine Toothed Comb x3

Support:

Misk:

Celano Fragments x1

Rabbit's Foot x2

Conspiracy:

The Endless Investigation x2

The object is to win fairly fast, Use a fine toothed comb on the conspiracy and you just need to be uncontested once to win the story, which will let you fetch the other one. The events are designed to squeak your investigators through to the investigation struggle and story phase. Chess prodigy is there to add some oomph, either driving an opponent insane or killing them in the combat. The Anthropology Advisor really helps Chess Prodigy, giving him an extra investiagtion Icon, as well as making him cost one less.

I played the deck against a Hastur/Cthulhu Deck, and had some real trouble with Ravager of the Deep. The only way I had to get rid of him, was Chess Prodigy/ Mi-Go Warrior. Tap the Warrior to prevent one damage, and let the Chess Prodigy kill it. Life got even worse when my opponent played Shadow-Spawned Hunting Horror, and had managed to deep one assault my Anthropology Advisor. We played two games and went 1-1. Any suggestions on how to improve?