Mixing the ccg and the lcg

By RealFinney, in CoC General Discussion

I've recently restarted playing CoC as an old ccg player against people who only have small pools of lcg cards.

My own collection is not hugely extensive, but a few cards have drawn extensive comment & concern.

In particular I've looked to withdraw from my decks: Pulp Writer & Great Old One Rises.

Are there many other cards people would consider inappropriate to play in an lcg game? Fetch Stick & Sharp Shooter are on my watch list (though the later seems no more greivous than Prize Pistols).

Thanks for any comment.

"Are there many other cards people would consider inappropriate to play in an lcg game? Fetch Stick & Sharp Shooter are on my watch list (though the later seems no more greivous than Prize Pistols)."

Personally, I think there are a lot of them. I can't give you any sort of full list as I wasn't around in those days, but for instance the CCG had a lot more cost reducers which I would consider inappropriate.

Anyway, here's my takeā€¦ The CCG-era cards are not legal in the LCG. Your buddies are letting you play them anyway, they're doing you a favor. In that light, I would go along with whatever they feel is over the top. But, I would also insist on some structure - keep a written list or something and only add new cards at the end of a full night so you're not stuck re-making decks during what's supposed to be gaming time. Hopefully they will agree to this as a reasonable request. Offering to let them use your CCG-era cards too would also be helpful as a goodwill gesture. It can't be overpowered if anyone can use it, right? :)

Over time, hopefully the problem will shrink as your LCG collection ramps up.