Harry Potter license

By Riuka, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Hello everyone!

I am a huge FFG and Harry Potter fan and I would love to see some HP themed game. Specially, I think it would be awesome having a Harry Potter LCG where you could play as the different houses and wizards/witches. Moreover, I have the convincement that a HP license would have a very strong potential in terms of game development and player support. I can think about and LCG, a board game and an RPG game based on the Harry Potter stories.

What are your ideas/opinions/suggestions/feedback? :) Do you know if FFG ever considered it?

Regards!

That's not a terrible idea (especially since it would be the first LCG I wouldn't feel compelled to hoard ;) , but I'm sure this could be an expensive licence. It would also take a long time to develop if they started now. Then again, it could already be in their plans and they started a design in case they acquired it :)

Harry Potter honestly wouldn't be a bad license to build games off of. The only problem is, at this moment, the hype of the Potter movies/books has died down dramatically. The fans are still there and the material is of actual quality. But, since FFG doesn't already have any Potter games going, I think it could be a little hard to break in.

My daughters are just starting the HP series and are nuts for it ! My eldest (age 13) suggested that the miniatures rules system could be adapted to allow people to play Quidditch! I would buy it and you could even gauge the interest with a crowd funding site! Please make this happen fairly does do that