USPS International Shipping Rates

By Yusuka, in 8. AGoT Off Topic

Hi, I am from Canada and just got some unfortunate news today about the USPS raising the rates for international shipping. I have subscribed to Team Covenant for the chapter pack program and just got an e-mail. This is also bad news for anyone that likes to have small items shipped internationally, as the shipping will often be much more than the item now.

' Hello dear subscribers!
I'm sending you all this letter because you're one of our subscribers with an international mailing address. As I'm sure you all remember, each international subscription came with some additional shipping costs to cover those expenses.
Flash forward to today, I learned that the international shipping rates went up dramatically, for everyone sadly. While I don't have a specific quote for all of you (which I would be happy to generate for you individually), what I can tell you is the costs for international shipping are somewhere between two and three times what they were previously. As an example, the cost for shipping a single pack to Canada from the US went from ~$3.75 to ~$8.75."
Meanwhile, the first class international (commercial) rate for a 6 oz. package going to Canada is jumping 105%. It's jumping 66% for a similar package going to the UK. Similar high percentages apply to all other countries around the world.
Last year a 4 ounce Envelope cost $4.60 to send International, now USPS want $9.45. Most CDs will cost over 12 dollars to ship internationally now.

ouch, i just tried to put newest chapter pack on order, and found that price for shipping jumped from around 5 bucks to 19, and wondered wth is happened.