A few questions...

By Thirroxin, in Rules Discussions

Can a friend that has been absorbed via parasite cage be discarded from effecs?

example:

He has 1 phil and 1 jack on the feild. I absorb phil via Parasite then play simba lvl 3. Do both of them get discarded?

What happens to the friend under parasite if parasite gets killed via beast or herc? is the absorbed friend removed from the game, or are they sent to the discard pile?

When a Parasite Cage snatches up a friend, it is no longer in your control, per say. Any friends from your side of the field are in your control, which means Simba's effect can only affect the friends you control. The one under Parasite Cage merely means you do have that card, but it's taken from your possession.

If a Beast or Herc come along 'n discard/bounce the Parasite Cage, any friend under it will immediately be sent to the discard pile. The only exceptions I can think of to this would prolly be Leon, or the 'still to be determined' rulin on Goofy's shield discard effect. That is still somethin that needs to be decided, methinks.

(example: Cloud is trapped under Parasite Cage. You've a Jack lvl 3 'n a Goofy with Herc's Shield equip'd. You play a Herc lvl3 [alt] 'n bounce the Parasite Cage. If you were to discard Herc's Shield, would that prevent Cloud from bein discarded?)

I still have yet to receive an answer to this question. My thoughts are yes, Cloud would be saved due to Herc's Shield's wordin 'n the rulin's on Parasite Cage. A simple two 'n two makes four problem, but there are doubters.

Choitz said:

When a Parasite Cage snatches up a friend, it is no longer in your control, per say. Any friends from your side of the field are in your control, which means Simba's effect can only affect the friends you control. The one under Parasite Cage merely means you do have that card, but it's taken from your possession.

If a Beast or Herc come along 'n discard/bounce the Parasite Cage, any friend under it will immediately be sent to the discard pile. The only exceptions I can think of to this would prolly be Leon, or the 'still to be determined' rulin on Goofy's shield discard effect. That is still somethin that needs to be decided, methinks.

(example: Cloud is trapped under Parasite Cage. You've a Jack lvl 3 'n a Goofy with Herc's Shield equip'd. You play a Herc lvl3 [alt] 'n bounce the Parasite Cage. If you were to discard Herc's Shield, would that prevent Cloud from bein discarded?)

I still have yet to receive an answer to this question. My thoughts are yes, Cloud would be saved due to Herc's Shield's wordin 'n the rulin's on Parasite Cage. A simple two 'n two makes four problem, but there are doubters.

Call me a doubter. In order for Herc's Sheid to work, you'd need to control the Friend, and Parasite Cage removes that control. Leon, on the other hand, is a little more complicated, but I'd think that even he would be discarded under the "You don't exsist" powers of the Cage.

I can't make a final ruling, of course, but I thought I'd argue the point (it makes them respond faster).

I agree with punk on this one. I think that since Cage makes them pretty much a blank card, even leon would be discarded to the discard pile after cage dies or bounces.

i would really like a fantasy flight games employee make a definative ruling on this card. this card has single handedly caused the most rule confusion with its poor wording and unclear implications. oh no. im getting flashbacks of score all over again. please dont become score fantasy flight. errata or reprint this card with more clearer wording

I just want to point out "more clearer wording" from someone talking about the difficulty of understanding something. That's all.

are you insulting me broadway_punk?

LOLZ!

I think he is, it's time to lay down the law Swordsman_Joe!!!!!

No offense intended. Just taking a moment to point out the flaws in others that one attacks that the attacker happens to share. Frankly, I'm a terrible speller, and the fact that these forum post boxes do not have spellcheck is a key promoter in the "make the punk look stupid" scheme. My spellcheck won't even make those fun little red lines under my words on this site, so I can't plug them into Word and find the correct spelling sad.gif .

P.S. FUNFACT: When you write "spellcheck," spellcheck considers it spelled incorrectly... weird, no?

OH NOEZZZ!!!!

Spellcheck has set off a massive canundrum!!!!!

0_o