Dragonstar with Star Wars: Edge of the Empire System?

By Luthyr, in Dragonstar

I'd totally play that! :-)

I think Dragonstar with EotE rules could and should be done. I believe what it will take is a group to homebrew the tweaks into that world and divorce it from the D20 D&D world.

I have many thoughts on that and cannot wait to see how the Force works with the last Core Book of FFG's system. I am sure that could be converted from for powers to spells (both wizard and cleric).

But who knows, maybe FFG sees a sleeping dragon with Dragonstar. This was my favorite system until EotE came out, and I still love it now.

I did a crossover when I was playing Saga Edition Star Wars. On the Star Wars Galaxy map from the Atlas I put the Dragonstar Empire in Grid D-20. :P

Oh yeah, I need this in my life.

I am actually working now the conversion process but it will take time especially with the classes, skills, talents, and powers.

I recommend broad strokes. Don't try to make everything line up because it will never fit. If I have something that feels like magic and fight something that looks like a mind flayer then i will call the conversion a success. Most of the careers should cross over nicely.

it can be done since there is a game system which can not be named here that has been converted that would help with the conversion, just check the edge forums you will find it.

now since finding additional rules or other games on the same forum (conversions), this could really be done.

I am working on something for this as I have found some good Fantasy rules (NDS Fantasy) in Edge of the Empire forums and trying to get permission from the creator to use some of his rules since the original classes have been done already. I recommend downloading these rules as they are well thought out so far. I will keep everyone in the loop of I hear anything new on this.

My recommendation is to download the NDA fantasy rules in the edge forums, I officially have permission to use that is our starting point for converting dragonstar to edge rules...

alright here goes my starting point which are the Half-dragons or as I call them Dragonians:

All Dragonian Traits:

1. +1 force point

2. Wound threshold: 14+ brawn

3. Strain Threshold: 10+ Willpower

4. Starting XP: 70

Gold Dragonian:

Brawn: 2 Agility: 2 Intellect: 2

Cunning: 2 Willpower: 3 Presense: 3

Special Ability: Charm 1 free rank

Red Dragonian:

Brawn: 3 Agility: 2 Intellect: 2

Cunning: 2 Willpower: 2 Presense: 2

Special Ability: Melee 1 free rank

Silver Dragonian:

Brawn: 2 Agility: 3 Intellect: 2

Special Ability: Mechanics 1 free rank

Blue Dragonian:

Cunning: 3 Willpower: 2 Presense: 2

Special Ability: Streetwise 1 free rank

Bronze Dragonian:

Brawn: 2 Agility: 2 Intellect: 3

Special Ability: Knowledge your choice 1 free rank

Green Dragonian:

Special Ability: Stealth 1 free rank

Brass Dragonian:

Special Ability: Streetwise 1 free rank

Black Dragonian:

Special Ability: Ranged (Light) 1 free rank

Copper Dragonian:

Brawn: 2 Agility: 2 Intellect: 3

Special Ability: Knowledge pick one, 1 free rank

White Dragonian:

Special Ability: Survival 1 free rank

This is just a draft always looking forward to see what everyone thinks, these are not full blown Dragons, these are player character types and I wanted to see what everyone else thinks of this write up. Always look forward to everyone feedback, Still playing around with the Force point trying to decide what benefits the force die would do with the character. I was thinking maybe it is white dot could be a bonus success and Black dot could be a failure and can only roll with class and specialization skills only until I tailor the magic system from NDS fantasy system for the game.

Please give feedback!!!

Now we have to wait and see what Fantasy flight does after the release of the Genesys to see if they will bring back old gaming properties. I would love to see this as one of the systems they port over to Genesys. Might even start to work on it since I do have the Dragonstar system in my Star Wars game now. Looking into the Characters come across the "Long Road" that will connect to the other worlds.

After alot of debate and getting permission from other users to use their stuff, I have come to conclusion that my Dragonstar which I am in the mists of converting completely over to the Edge system including the Force system for magic, so come join the excitement and check out everything I have already converted over from Dragonstar to the Edge.

First class and specializations are up on my Dragonstar GENESYS 2 forum, come look them over and let me know what you think of them, forgive presentation very new to this. Look forward from hearing from everyone on this...

On 9/8/2014 at 10:28 AM, kiranar said:

I am actually working now the conversion process but it wil audacity temp mail origin l take time especially with the classes, skills, talents, and powers.

rules could and should be done. I believe what it will take is a group to homebrew the tweaks into that world and divorce it from the D20 D&D world.

Edited by ZINADOLL