Imperial Tarot Deck

By roddyhood30, in Dark Heresy

If anyone wishes to use an Imperial Tarot deck for Dark Heresy, check out these sets of rules (rules I haven't made):
http://www.twilightpeaks.net/blogs/media/blogs/DH/40K_TAROT%20v1.01.pdf?mtime=1351320181

If you want cards to go with it aswell, I have created a set of 78 cards (complete tarot deck, minor and major arcana) to go along with the rules linked above. The cards are here:
http://roddyhood30.deviantart.com/gallery/

Enjoy your games!

Great stuff! Thanks for the links! Now, I have to figure out how to print these out like cards…

I have all the cards alined in pdf format to a height of 13cm and width of 8.8cm. If you want I can send you the pdf's and all you need to do is double side print them. I've done that and laminated them, they look pretty nice :) ))

SWEET! That would be AWSOME! Thanks! It did'nt even occur to me to try it that way… reir

Would you be so kind as to send me a copy of those PDF's as well? One of my players is a psyker who really seems to enjoy doing tarot readings for the group and we both think it would be really cool to be able to give him an actual deck for him to perform reading with. I was going to buy a regular tarot deck and just interpolate them into the 40k setting but this is miles better!

Oh, aye!

Please send a copy to tmhr77 at gmail dot com as well :)

May I suggest that you host this somewhere for ease of download? If nothing else, put it in the public folder of your dropbox , and share :)

I suppose that I should have left some contact info. So, if you get a chance please send them to my email at falkuskiber -at- yahoo.com

Thanks.

Thanks in advance! May the emporer guide you.

It's some good work, but there are two flaws I see in it.

First, the image used for The Astropath is actually a Navigator.

Secondly, the deck does not consist of psychically charged cards capable of changing their appearance, so that The Starship can have a different meaning depending on whether it is appearing as its usual shape or as one of the rarer sub-forms such as The Pilgrim Vessel or The Explorator Ship , or another of a multitude of variants.

the deck does not consist of psychically charged cards capable of changing their appearance

Lol.

This is brilliant, thanks so much for sharing - just finished printing the cards and can't wait to use them in game. Awesome.

J

I made the set of rules...

...and I must say I think you've done a fantastic job!!!

I'm going to print these and use for my 40k tarot readings :)

That I did...

...special thanks to messiahcide for the templates used to make the layout and roddyhood30 for the card images!

Download!

(now if only I could get a GREEN avatar instead of the RED)

Edited by Green Knight

Can anyone share talents and the like that they've developed if you want players to be able to use the Tarot "for real"?

Ignore! Just found it in the last download. Thanks!

Edited by PencilBoy99

It's some good work, but there are two flaws I see in it.

First, the image used for The Astropath is actually a Navigator.

Secondly, the deck does not consist of psychically charged cards capable of changing their appearance, so that The Starship can have a different meaning depending on whether it is appearing as its usual shape or as one of the rarer sub-forms such as The Pilgrim Vessel or The Explorator Ship , or another of a multitude of variants.

Astropath/Navigator discrepancy noted. I'm also not a big fan of the pict used in the Artisan. So maybe those two can be changed. The other images are very good IMO.

As for the changing of appearance; I'm working on it. In about 10,000 years I'll have an STC template ready to go.

Thanks for the comments guys (I've got the original files I can send you, to make the editing easier - or just send me the images and I can make the change myself!)

Tarot supplement out in v1.30 (probably the final update).

Some minor fixes (missing Stranger entry, spelling errors etc).

Added a largish Example of play using the Throne of Terra spread.

DL from Dark Reign

DL from Twilightpeaks.net

It is awesome! Oh, robbyhood30 and Green Knight , thanks a lot! I've been seeking this for ages!!

Edited by Teyacapan

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but it seemed better to post in a tread already made than start one on basically the same subject.

I really love the Emperor's Tarot document and am actually in the process of making my own deck. I was wondering if any of the creators were still around as I found a few errors and was hoping there was a possibility of them being corrected.

So Nooker what did you catch for errors? not 1 of the creators but a user

I haven't finished it all, but there were a few errors in what I did get though. The first Minor Arcana that is most often referred to as Eagles, is referred to as Chalices on page 11 in the first paragraph. The order of Discordia is different on page 12 than on page 14, The Xeno is moved and so displaces the Heretic & Mutant. Discordia 5 is referred to as The Rogue Psycher on Page 12, but The Witch/Warlock on Page 14. Excuteria 4 is referred to as The Commander on page 12, but as The Officer on page 15. Also in Excuteria the Navigator and Explorator are flip flopped between page 12 and page 15.

I read a bit more, but stopped when it the instruction seemed to be "learn how to do Tarot and throw the Emperor's Tarot the same way to make it look good" and "You're the GM, fix the result if you want." Good advice, but I've been role playing and into esoteric stuff (even though I'm an atheist) for so long that I didn't need it. Still what I did read had a few typos and some odd word choices that I think a real edit would have found. I'd be willing to give it a real edit since it's short and already very cool, but I can't modify the pdf.