Bleeding out/ turn order/ friendly fire questions

By cagaentoboca, in Gears of War: The Board Game

1. If a COG is bleeding out, can a different COG perform an action that would advance to the next stage? Or does he need to first need to revive his friend? If the former, does the COG that is bleeding out get teleported to the begining of the next stage?

2. If a COG expends an order card and his action also happens to advance everyone to the next stage, whose turn is it? Does stage 2 begin with the active player's AI phase? Or does stage 2 begin with a COG taking his turn?

3. Can a weapon like the Hammer of Dawn, or a Bolo Grenade be used on a locust, if said locust is sharing an area with a friendly COG? If it can, does that COG receive damage in either case?

I couldn't find ruling for these questions in the book, and FFG never got back to me when I sent them these. Hope someone can help, thanks in advance!

cagaentoboca said:

1. If a COG is bleeding out, can a different COG perform an action that would advance to the next stage? Or does he need to first need to revive his friend? If the former, does the COG that is bleeding out get teleported to the begining of the next stage?

2. If a COG expends an order card and his action also happens to advance everyone to the next stage, whose turn is it? Does stage 2 begin with the active player's AI phase? Or does stage 2 begin with a COG taking his turn?

3. Can a weapon like the Hammer of Dawn, or a Bolo Grenade be used on a locust, if said locust is sharing an area with a friendly COG? If it can, does that COG receive damage in either case?

#1: Unless the scenario says no COG can be bleeding out, you can trigger the next stage. But nothing happens to the bleeding out COG, he remains where he is (you're not removing the previous maps/stages when you hit a new stage, are you?).

#2: You continue from whatever point you were in when you changed the stage. Since you can explore a new map at any point, you could for example move up to the map exit, explore to initiate the next stage and then finish off your movement (and possible attack). In Emergence, say you're in cover and play Blind Fire, first attack you seal the emegence hole. This triggers stage 2, do the setup for that, then continue with the second attack from Blind Fire.

#3: Yes and yes. If an attack targets and area (or wounds all other figures in target's area), a COG in the area could take damage.

Oh wow, I learned something unexpected. Yes, I've been removing the previous stage when setting up for the next one, I will make sure not to do that now. Thank you so much for your answers yet again, Dam, you rock!

Well, you would've figured it out in one of the Missions, where you have to traverse level 1 to level 2, there unlock door to lvl 3, backtrack through levels 2 and 1 to reach lvl 3.