Yog-Sothoth, Amaranth/Red-Gloved Man and Conspiracies

By Mnemonaut, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

Hallo guys,

I'm looking forward to construct a Mono-Yog Deck which uses Conspiracies. Are there any good combinations I should keep in mind? At first glance there seems to be just one Yog Conspiracy Card ( The Ritual Conspiracy ). How many Conspiracy Cards should I use in a deck? And which Character is the better Conspirator - Amaranth or The Red-Gloved Man?

Thanks a lot!

Mnemonaut said:

At first glance there seems to be just one Yog Conspiracy Card ( The Ritual Conspiracy ).

I don't think you should use more than three conspiracies in one deck. After all you'll add them since you intend to win them more easily than your opponent, so you shouldn't need more than three, right? Instead add more ways to search your deck for them and bring them into play, i.e. I'd add both Amaranth and the Red-Gloved Man!

P.S.: I supposed you used CardgameDB to search for conspiracies? 'The Great Design' will show up if you search for story cards - it's tagged wrong currently.

jhaelen said:

Mnemonaut said:

At first glance there seems to be just one Yog Conspiracy Card ( The Ritual Conspiracy ).

Well, there is also 'The Great Design' from the last AP in the Revelations cycle (i.e. the most recent one). It's quite specific, though, since it's only useful if you are going to play Elder Things.

I don't think you should use more than three conspiracies in one deck. After all you'll add them since you intend to win them more easily than your opponent, so you shouldn't need more than three, right? Instead add more ways to search your deck for them and bring them into play, i.e. I'd add both Amaranth and the Red-Gloved Man!

P.S.: I supposed you used CardgameDB to search for conspiracies? 'The Great Design' will show up if you search for story cards - it's tagged wrong currently.

That's helpful. Thanks!

Mostly if I'm making a conspiracy deck I'll be building around one specific conspiracy and designing my deck around whatever benefit it brings. I'll usually bring 3x copies of it, even if I have Conspirator characters that let me find them because after I win it once I may want to play another copy if the game's still going.

Theoretically, if there were enough Conspirators in a deck that benefitted from any conspiracy being in play you could start putting in more than one, maybe 2x copies of two different ones? I dunno. I still think you wouldn't want too many because while one is out the others are dead cards until its won. So, probably never more than maybe 6 cards EVER, even in a perfect future?

Normally though I'm not so much picking characters because of how they interact with the Conspiracies themselves but rather for how they interact with the benefits of WINNING the Conpiracy.