Targets of Opportunity DS Deck

By xRegardsx, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Bought my second core set the other day and finally got around to working on new decks. Here is my first dualcore DS deck.

2x The Ultimate Power
2x Death and Despayre
2x The Endor Gambit
2x Defense Protocol
1x Kuat Reinforcements
1x Reconnaissance Mission

Card Purposes

2x Devastator, 2x Grand Moff Tarkin, 2x The Endor Gambit: For the Force Struggle (since both are Elite) and The Endor Gambit to remove focus tokens the LS may attempt to put on the Devestator (or other units) to disable.

4x AT-ST's, 2x Superlaser Engineers, 1x Reconnaissance Mission: For Drawing and having a larger hand for the edge and swarming for offense/defense.

1x Kuat Reinforcements: For increasing chances of 1st turn Devastator or dual AT-ST's.

2x The Endor Gambits Pods: For extra shielding.

2x Defense Protocols, 2x Grand Moff Tarkin, 1x Reconnaissance Mission: For picking off enemy units and disabling units from defending your attacks.

3x Death from Above, 3x Twist of Fates, 3x Target of Opportunity, 2x Human Replica Droids, 2x Heat of Battle: For buffing attacks after defenders are chosen and winning edge battles.

2x Grand Moff Tarkin: For making attacks on secondary and unlikely, but possible, third enemy objectives more meaningful… especially if unopposed.

2x Superlaser Blast: For mid-late game use, removing an undamaged objective for it's compounded bonus on already removed objectives.

2x Devastator, 2x Imperial Officer: Compounding the effect of a destroyed objective on the Death Star timer.

4x Control Room, 2x Grand Moff Tarkin, 2x Death and Despayre: For enough resources to use mid-late game Superlaser Blasts and Death Star dial increasing (Devastator & Imperial Officer abilities) without running out to play other units or events.

50 card Command Deck
24 attack-capable (has a damage icon) Unit cards
9 Fate cards

What do you think?

Do you feel like you generate enough? Some of those cards are resource intensive. Obviously cards like the control room help.

I run a similar deck but with a 2nd Kuat instead of Reconnaissance Mission. It seems to work pretty well.

Do you feel like you generate enough? Some of those cards are resource intensive. Obviously cards like the control room help.

I run a similar deck but with a 2nd Kuat instead of Reconnaissance Mission. It seems to work pretty well.

Haven't played it yet. Do you think a second Kuat is worth sacrificing the possible extra card in hand every turn for getting to important cards faster and having extra cards for the edge battle, the extra objective and unit damage fate cards, the chance to cancel the LS' Edge Cards and overall battle, and the 2 extra objective and unit damage mid-engagement units for the sake of cheaper vehicles and 2 weak Vehicle Units, 1 mid-engagement objective damage Unit, and two Vehicle enhancing Events?

I'm honestly not sure on the trade off. I went with Kuat because I was building it first as a vehicle deck. I've been trying to convince myself to take out ultimate power for black squadron assault, but Tarkin and the superlaser are so good that I can't quite bring myself to do it.

I can say that I don't usually have any trouble playing my cards, so I don't think resources are a huge concern.

dbmeboy said:

I'm honestly not sure on the trade off. I went with Kuat because I was building it first as a vehicle deck. I've been trying to convince myself to take out ultimate power for black squadron assault, but Tarkin and the superlaser are so good that I can't quite bring myself to do it. I can say that I don't usually have any trouble playing my cards, so I don't think resources are a huge concern.

There wouldn't be superlaser engineers if I had Sith in it. Their set is what I would have to sub out since it's Imperial Navy only.