Dust Tactics 2012 World Championshiop Army Lists

By SaintSlayer, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

Hi, does anyone have army lists for the 2012 World Championships? Thanks in advance.

Did FFG not post it? I thought they would have. Anyways Since I'm here let have an:
I'm the Dust Tactics 2012 World Champion Ask Me Anything!

Anyways my winning list:

300/300 Points
Markus 20
Lara 21
Heavy Laser Grenadiers 30
Heavy Laser Grenadiers 30
Heavy Recon Grenadiers 26
Axis Gorillas 24
Kommandotrupp 40
Sniper Grenadiers 10
Sniper Grenadiers 10
Sniper Grenadiers 10
Recon Grenadiers 16
Recon Grenadiers 16
Recon Grenadiers 16
Beobachter 5
15 units.

My opponents Runner-up list (not 100% sure on this one):

298/300 Points
Stefan 18
Lara 21
Markus 20
Grenadier X 24
Axis Gorillas 24
Axis Zombies 31
Kommandotrupp 40
Lothar 36
Heinrich 26
Sturmpioniere 27
Beobachter 5
12 units.

Thanks for the reply. Could you give a strategy on how you used the units you chose. And what made you decide on not to run any vehicles?

Its really hard to give many specific on strategy, as so many thing can change game to game and without any vehicals I really need to be able to think on my feet with this list. But generally the heavy infantry are used as shock troops to take out enemys and break through to back row. The light infantry follows up and mops up whatever the heavy infantry leaves behind. Since the maps for worlds use competative terrain placement its important to make the field to support the general short range of the army.

I chose this army because of the scenario rules for the tournament. Since each scenario is built competativly its possible to build the map to support the short range of an all infantry army. Its still a very tough army to play right, it requires a lot for foward thinking and planning to use correctly.

Yes it must be hard to "hide" every units at the 1st-2nd turn but strategy is simple :

13 activations (vs 8 for a "simple" list !) pensativo

the_red_eye said:

Yes it must be hard to "hide" every units at the 1st-2nd turn but strategy is simple :

13 activations (vs 8 for a "simple" list !) pensativo

I agree that the current state of the game really makes out activating your opponent a huge advantage. I think it will get even worse once the other factions get aircraft.

One way to fix this might be to change the rules for tournaments so that you can field only one of each unit type. But I suppose that could end up favoring the factions which have multiple units with very similar roles, like the Axis with Heavy Laser Grenadiers & Laser-Jagdgrenadiers.

A second way to fix things might be to recost some units. Recon Grenadiers are just WAY to undercosted at 16 points, for example. They should be more like 21 points.

Why not just fix the activation problem. Battletech had a very good mechanic for this issue. If one side has more units it must double up on activations starting at the middle of the turn. For instance, if one side has 9 units and the other has 14 it would activated 1,1,2,2,2,2,2,1,1. If you have more than double, you do 2-3 per turn. It keeps thing more "simultanous".

That's a great idea. I know in my own limited experiance we tend to use house rules were you double up activations in the middle to help balace things out.

Or you can think of the (old but good) confrontation rules :

if you have less activation than your opponents and less miniatures : you gain the right to pass some turns. He will end the turn, but with only 1 unit after you…