Stimm

By Ripper.McGuirl, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Is it me, or does Stimm technically not affect fatigue? Isn't that sort of the most basic thing that a "stimm" would counter-act? I plan on house-ruling it at my table, but is it just an overisght?

In my group we constantly forget that it doesn't effect fatigue, because I think we're all of the opinion that it should. I would really like to hear a good defence for it only affecting characteristics effect from critical damage, otherwise I'm gonna propose the same house rule to my GM as well.

Same with me. We didn't officially house-rule it, but we just assumed. I don't have my book with me, but by the wording doesn't the stimm effect fatigue from critical hits? I guess the possibility of fatigue from other causes was overlooked in the description.

It "ignores any negative effects to their characteristics from damage or critical damage and cannot be stunned", so technically, it doesn't effect fatigue caused by damage or critical damage either. It seems silly that Frenzy will ignore fatigue, but not critical damage, but Stimm ignores critical damage and not fatigue. Fatigue seems like it would be easier to deal than characteristic damage (getting punched in the face really hard is easier to shake off than getting knee capped). Though, it seems like most critical damage inflicts fatigue as part of what makes it more scary than normal damage.

Maybe when you dose up with Stimm, you get rid of any fatigue you may have, but can accrue more afterwards?

Noted and ignored.

Ripper.McGuirl said:

It seems silly that Frenzy will ignore fatigue, but not critical damage, but Stimm ignores critical damage and not fatigue.

That's why you take both, no one said jucing was easy

Frenzy being the talent, not the drug. My point was that you can get yourself worked up just by being a nut job, and ignore fatigue, but when you are actually getting slapped with a boat-load of stimulants, you can't.

But yes, it is possible to take Frenzon and Stimm and avoid the whole mess.

My question was really in regards to things like "HOLY CRAP! WE'RE GETTING SHOT AT! BOB IS DOWN! JAB HIM WITH A STIMM-STICK AND WAKE HIS ASS UP SO WE CAN GET THE FETH OUTTA HERE!"