AutoFire Criticals

By ROCKER2, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

In the week 11 pdf of the Auto-fire quality, the last sentence reads:

"Weapons with Auto-fire can also activate one Critical Hit for each hit generated on the attack; the Critical Hits must target the target of the specific hit"

I am confused by this. Does it mean that every hit from a Auto-fire weapon (using the increased difficulty to hit) is a Critical Hit? More specifically how many hits and how many Criticals can be achieved with the following dice results. (Assuming damage does not exceed wound threshold and the weapon requires 3 advantages to Crit)

1. 1 success, 2 advantages
  2. 1 success, 3 advantages
  3. 1 success 4 advantages
  4. 1 success 5 advantages
  5. 1 success 2 advantages, 1 triumph
  6. 1 success 3 advantages, 1 triumph
  7. 1 success 4 advantages, 1 triumph
  8. 1 success 5 advantages, 1 triumph

In the week 11 pdf of the Auto-fire quality, the last sentence reads:

"Weapons with Auto-fire can also activate one Critical Hit for each hit generated on the attack; the Critical Hits must target the target of the specific hit"

I am confused by this. Does it mean that every hit from a Auto-fire weapon (using the increased difficulty to hit) is a Critical Hit? More specifically how many hits and how many Criticals can be achieved with the following dice results. (Assuming damage does not exceed wound threshold and the weapon requires 3 advantages to Crit)

1. 1 success, 2 advantages
  2. 1 success, 3 advantages
  3. 1 success 4 advantages
  4. 1 success 5 advantages
  5. 1 success 2 advantages, 1 triumph
  6. 1 success 3 advantages, 1 triumph
  7. 1 success 4 advantages, 1 triumph
  8. 1 success 5 advantages, 1 triumph

Not sure what is confusing. It means that for every hit you get, you can spend 3 Advantage to turn that hit into a critical hit. So, if you get 3 hits, then you would need 3 Advantage for each to turn them into Criticals (total of 9 if you wanted all the hits to become Criticals).

In the case of you table

1. You could spend the 2 Advantange to hit twice, but wouldn't be able to buy a Critical for any hits
  2. Same as 1, or spend the 3 Advantage and do a single hit that is a Critical
  3. You could buy 2 extra hits (for 2 Advantage each) and not Critical with any, or hit once and spend 3 Advantage to Critical
  4. You could buy 2 extra hits, or buy an extra hit and make 1 hit a Critical
  5. You could buy an extra hit (or two if you spent the Triumph as Advantage), or buy an extra hit and spend the Triumph to make one hit a Critical
  6. etc…

Thanks. So with the advantages I generally have to choose between buying a crit or get another hit.

I was unsure whether each hit with a auto-fire weapon was automatically a crit as well.