Under-used Objectives

By Djstormtrooper, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Has anyone found a use for the Ewok or Espo Trooper objectives yet? I haven't seen them in any builds yet.

Djstormtrooper said:

Has anyone found a use for the Ewok or Espo Trooper objectives yet? I haven't seen them in any builds yet.

Espo Troopers are great in a Trooper deck. Being able to drop those runts for 0 is very nice when you have a Trooper Assault in your hot little hands. And the objective's ability is deceptively useful.

I'm about 90% certain that the new Vader in Desolation will hand out a Trooper buff as well, so that'll be nice.

Espo Troopers are really great at pooping characters onto the table and the objective has reasonable text. It's pretty good with Motti's pod as well.

I have yet to play with the Bespin Exchange. I don't know if it seems worth it right now.

JustinMcBride said:

I have yet to play with the Bespin Exchange. I don't know if it seems worth it right now.

Boba's amazing, but he's heavily reliant on winning Edge, since he's fragile enough, and enough of a threat, that if your opponent swings first with a 2+ strength Unit damage, Boba WILL go down, unless you have Mando Armor on him or a Royal Guard/unit with Shielding in play. Being able to neutralize 2 units every time he swings is clutch, and getting the Armor on him for Targeted Strike makes him incredibly dangerous.

I have yet to see something be amazingly competitive running Bespin Exchange or Corporate Exploitation at this point.

divinityofnumber said:

I have yet to see something be amazingly competitive running Bespin Exchange or Corporate Exploitation at this point.

Went 2-1 using Bespin Exchange in my Imperial Navy deck at the tournament last night. Only one I lost was to the 1st place guy, and only because all my units apparently decided to retreat to the center of my deck while I was shuffling. It's games like that one that baffle me, though, cause it's the first one out of 30 or so where that happened.

I've yet to make Ewoks work, but I've gotten ESPOs to work in a all-in Trooper rush deck for Navy. They go quite nicely with either Orbital Bombardment or Trooper Assault and can at least be cannon fodder/extra blockers to prevent unopposed damage to an objective. That being said, they're the most likely objective to be dropped for the new Vader coming out.

I've not really been able to make good use of the Ewoks. I did lose a couple games to them before I got a second core, but they're too inconsistent in my mind. I think I would love them if they were able to be run 2x, because I like the cards themselves. They're just too dependent on having certain other cards in the set.

the Espo trooper deck is ok, it does not stand a chance though against a mains deck (Obi, Luke, and Han) .

The Ewoks are ok, probably enhanced with later sets.

I use the Ewok pod in almost all of my LS Decks. its a great pod, 2 units that will allow my home one or Luke to get through undefended, the ability to destory DS enhancements and also the great control card of log trap. Why would you not run this pod in every deck?

Hey,

Been playing with the Rumors at the Cantina pod in my LS deck

2xHan

2xLuke

2xObi

2xYaven

2xCantina

- It could be worse is nice, lets me suck up extra dmg, the rebel sympathizers let me drop my chrs for cheaper and i usualy trash/discard/fate battle the 5th card.

Yoda might be better, but i find i hate the LS weenys

Oh - and the objective is nice because i never cant play Swindled or two smuggler cards in the same turn due to faction matching. Which is nice too for putting out questionable contracts which at times can cause a lack of resource match for my jedi cards.

Magni

Xenu's Paradox said:

JustinMcBride said:

Boba's amazing, but he's heavily reliant on winning Edge, since he's fragile enough, and enough of a threat, that if your opponent swings first with a 2+ strength Unit damage, Boba WILL go down, unless you have Mando Armor on him or a Royal Guard/unit with Shielding in play. Being able to neutralize 2 units every time he swings is clutch, and getting the Armor on him for Targeted Strike makes him incredibly dangerous.

Boba Fett is awesome. I am very impressed with him overall. What do people this of his pod?

best card in his pod is the blaster, or Mando Armor on Emp Guard. He is underwhelming on his own