Mobilize the Squadron + Blaster Encampment

By Goreshde, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Just want to make sure this is legit.

During my refresh phase I remove 1 counter from my blaster encampment. I then use it right away still in the refresh phase. Once my refresh phase ends Mobilize the Squadron allows me to remove the focus counter from my blaster encampment letting me use it again.

As far as I can tell this is right, but I want to make sure cause its soooooo good.

Goreshde said:

Just want to make sure this is legit.

During my refresh phase I remove 1 counter from my blaster encampment. I then use it right away still in the refresh phase. Once my refresh phase ends Mobilize the Squadron allows me to remove the focus counter from my blaster encampment letting me use it again.

As far as I can tell this is right, but I want to make sure cause its soooooo good.

Currently unclear how this will work. It all depends on where "after you refresh" reactions will end up when they fix the rule book (as the rules are currently written, this does not work). I suspect that "after you refresh" will come after replacing destroyed objectives but before the action window, which will keep this combo from working. Others think that it will be at the end of the refresh phase, which would allow it to work.

I think this one falls under the other 'After your refresh' questions where we are waiting for an FAQ but apparently, according to some playtesters it is supposed to be 'After your refresh phase' and it got missed in proofing

if this is the case then yes it is a very good workable combo

Kordos said:

I think this one falls under the other 'After your refresh' questions where we are waiting for an FAQ but apparently, according to some playtesters it is supposed to be 'After your refresh phase' and it got missed in proofing

I remember the playtester saying that "after you refresh" reactions would be later than they currently are. I don't remember him ever saying it would be changed to "after your refresh phase," though if they said that on BGG or some other location I may have missed it. Enough people are now quoting that that I'm not sure, but it seems more likely to me that the intent was to have them happen before that action window.

dbmeboy said:

Kordos said:

I remember the playtester saying that "after you refresh" reactions would be later than they currently are. I don't remember him ever saying it would be changed to "after your refresh phase," though if they said that on BGG or some other location I may have missed it. Enough people are now quoting that that I'm not sure, but it seems more likely to me that the intent was to have them happen before that action window.

I think it was on BGG, it's prob a case of chinese whispers by now though and you are prob correct

Wont work. look at the timing flowchart

1 refresh phase begins

2 active player removes one focus token from each card he controls

3 active player removes all shield tokens from each card he controls

4 active player replaces each of his missign objectives

PLAYER ACTIONS

Mobilize the Squadrons

Reaction: After you refresh, remove 1 focus token from a target objective or enhancement you control.

so that happes after #3 framwork action

Heavy Blaster Emplacement

Action: Focus this enhancement to have your opponent deal 1 damage to a unit he controls.

can only be done in a player action window. so mobiles happens first

But, "Reaction: After you refresh…" means that the effect is triggered by the refresh phase ending. After the focus tokens come off, there is an action window, as you mention, in the refresh phase. So, you could use the Emplacement in that action window, and then once again after the refresh phase ends.

"After you refresh" means after the refresh phase itself ends. So, you can remove focus tokens and sheild tokens and then use the Emplacment(s) in the refresh phase action window, and then use it/them once again after the refresh phase ends, with said objective.

dbmeboy said:

Kordos said:

For what it's worth, here's exactly what he said:

"All 'After Refresh' effects occur after the Refresh phase, and therefore after the Refresh action window.

This is the one and only known error in the rules to date, and it will be confirmed in the upcoming FAQ. (It was picked up, but too late to change.)"

Obviously, it's not an official ruling. Assuming it is accurate, since there is an action window within the refresh phase, the combo in question from the OP would work.