How to beat the Matriarchy?

By rodilladehierro, in Tannhauser

What can the Union do for killing the matriarchy?

And what about the Reich?

I have an idea for the Reich but no one seems to like it… what about teleporting with Hoss and killing Oksana or Irishka (only if oksana is not playing) in the first turn?? then Reich win the iniative, attack with Hoss and then Hoss can suicide without problems, his job is done, what do you think?

And what about yula's command pack?

If he can attack twice to zorka, in 10 dices of 10 probability sais that she will have one ten. I have made 32 rolls in my house of 10 dices, and i got a 10 twenty one times, for only eleven times without a 10

That may almost mean matriarchy's defeat dont you think so?

It kind of depends on the Matriarchy team. If it's a team built around Zor'ka or Natalya, you should probably try to kill of the support characters and Voivodes first while trying to avoid the heavy hitters. If the team is built around Oksana, try to kill off lots of Voivodes at the same time of better yet, kill Oksana if you get the chance - even if it means to suicide Hoss (As much as I dislike seeing one of my favorite characters go down.).

If playing Union, consider brute force. Use weapons that roll lots of dice, use grenades, use Hoax to sneak in unseen and attack support characters or Oksana. If playing Reich, use out-of-path attacks plus Heizinger's Combat pack for extra attack dice. And if you really want to use Yula, use her in combination with Hoss' ability to give her his attack roll results so you'll KNOW that you are going to get that Natural 10 - but I don't recommend using Yula, she will be gunned down immediately.

And what can you do with your Reich if they are playing Zorka, Irishka and Oksana? If you kill oksana they have Irishka and Zorka… how can you kill that Zorka with the ReicH? with 4 voivodes that Irishka can get back to life is way too difficult, even more if Hoss has been suicided dont you think so?

Tell me, what can you do against that team?

Respect Yula, his mission is having a natural 10 on zorka, if she has a natural 10 on zorka, the matriarchy is defeated, so I think that Yula with command pack and woth Hoss may be a great combination against the matriarchy, but i want to listen to your strategies too ^^

Tell me, do you have balanced games against the matriarchy when they play zorka, irishka and oksana when you play heizinger, karl, and hoss? or they win more matches?

That's simple: You will never encounter this team as Oksana's rule book states that she may not be in a team that includes Zor'ka. So if you encounter a team including Zor'ka and Irishka with Irishka repairing Zor'ka and Voivodes, try to kill Irishka - as you play Reich, use out-of-path attacks as often as possible. If Irishka supports Zor'ka and repairs destroyed Voivodes, she has to be near the action instead of hiding far away from the fight.

Ok thank for the information ;)

Last doubt… When Reich plays against a team with Oksana, probably the best option is killing both Hoss and Oksana right?

But when you play the Union… the Matriarchy has 2 voivodes that move 20 circles and can make 2 actions… if you are playing a flag match or a domination match… can you really win them? I have heard that every championship of tannhauser is won with this strategy in the second turn because voivodes are extremely fast… =S

Do you have balanced games against that team? =(

And even when playing with the Reich, you can kill oksana, but you cannot avoid the first oksana activation, so they will move 20 the first turn and they will have your flags almost in their base for winning the second round… I need to know if that strategy is unfair for the other factions or if they can do anything..

Well, now the trully last one XD

The union can beat the reich by playing Hoax and Ramirez right? (if you tell me they are still on disadvantage i will just play with the basic game or without hoss xD)

Okay, I’ll try to answer and comment as much as I can, but I have to admit that I never have played “Capture the flag” and have only played “Domination” once or twice. So probably some of my answers weren’t exactly helpful because they are based on my experience playing “Deathmatch” or “Objective mode”. But however, I’ll try.

Q: The union can beat the reich by playing Hoax and Ramirez right? (if you tell me they are still on disadvantage i will just play with the basic game or without hoss xD)

A: Of course they can! Any combination of MacNeal, Brown, Ramirez and Hoax is able to win against the Reich – but they won’t win every time of course.

Q: When Reich plays against a team with Oksana, probably the best option is killing both Hoss and Oksana right?

A: It depends on the game mode. In Deathmatch and also in Objective, if you sacrifice Hoss early to kill Oksana, with her goes the power of her Voivodes, and her team will fall apart quickly. Considering the situation you describe in your next question, Hoss will probably come too late.

Q: And even when playing with the Reich, you can kill oksana, but you cannot avoid the first oksana activation, so they will move 20 the first turn and they will have your flags almost in their base for winning the second round… I need to know if that strategy is unfair for the other factions or if they can do anything..

A: You are right, this is almost impossible to beat due to its speed. What you have to try is place your flag tokens as far away from your opponent as possible and rush towards them in the first turn to guard them. Use Stosstruppen with Stamina pack as they are quite fast. Try to kill the Voivodes that come your way in the first turn by any means. Use Eva with her Command pack because her infiltration ability lets her enter before the game even starts so you have an extra move. She could even enter through your opponent’s entry point and start attacking right on turn 1. But still, you’ll lose most of the time.

Q: But when you play the Union… the Matriarchy has 2 voivodes that move 20 circles and can make 2 actions… if you are playing a flag match or a domination match… can you really win them? I have heard that every championship of tannhauser is won with this strategy in the second turn because voivodes are extremely fast… =S

A: Again, try is place your flag tokens as far away from your opponent as possible and rush towards them in the first turn to guard them. I’m not sure of it but I suppose Hoax could protect up to 3 tokens on her own. Try to kill the Voivodes that come your way in the first turn by any means. Throw grenades at them or make their movement difficult by blocking important paths with flame grenades. But again, you are going to lose more often then you win. By the way, I have never heard of TH championships. Are they official? Who decides what game mode to use? And what happens if both players want to use Oksana?

I only know what i have read in forums about championships, i dont know how does it work, sorry

And thank you so much for your answers ^^

Maybe i will buy oksana for playing objetive mode or deathmatch and not for CTF or domination ^^

Can you add me to facebook or skype? I think you can help me a lot with all these things :D

Facebook: David Fajardo López, from Alicante, in Spain

Thank you very much for the help

Sorry, I'm neither active on facebook nor skype. Just keep posting everything that bothers you about TH here on this forum, it's great to have some discussion here again. I check this forum regulary (okay, almost daily), plus there are lots of other players with much more playing experience than me who could also voice their opinion. In fact, I wonder why no one else has joined this discussion about faction balance and Oksana's power in "Capture the flag" and "Domination". There have to be some people who have played (and maybe even won) against this team.

@ ??!: I haven´t played since some half a year or so, so I´ve not been very active lately in this forum as well. Sorry for that. I´ll try to join in once in a while to keep up with the community from now on, but I have no real experience in the use of new figures like Frankenstahl, Edison, Bogatyrs, Shogunate and the like. I own everything, but have simply no opportunity to play. So I am afraid I will not be of much help. I am kinda out of date, but i hope to make more games in near future and join the discussion in the future

So it´s good to see the community growing and discussion going on although of the game has been frozen. Nice!

Well, let's see if we get more people here ;)

I really want to know how to beat that powerful oksana in those games

Katsuyori said:

So it´s good to see the community growing and discussion going on although of the game has been frozen. Nice!

Just what I think! There's certainly much to discuss about Union and Reich strategy concerning Edison and Frankenstahl, plus there can always be issues with older characters like Oksana's power in certain game modes. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to play right now, but I am going to test Oksana in Capture the flag or Domiation mode as soon as possible.

I´ll do the same and share my experiences as soon as possible.