How is this compared to War of the Ring?

By Luftwaffe Flak, in Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation

I have War of the Ring but havent been able to figure the rules out yet, so Ive been eyeing this and the other Lord of the Rings game. Whats the differences to these two games? TIA

They're entirely different. "War of the Ring" plays more like a wargame. "The Confrontation" plays sorta like Stratego.

What other games do you enjoy? Most Eurogamers enjoy The Confrontation, while Ameritrash (eg. Axis and Allies) players War of the Ring.

Im kinda a mix of both, I was just curious about this game as I havent been able to figure War of the Ring out yet LOL.

This game is really easy to learn, quick to play (half an hour max once you know what you are doing), and is a really nice challenge every time.

It does play a little like Stratego in that all of the pieces are hidden from your opponent, but you can use cards to influence the outcome of each encounter, so it isn't a "my piece is higher, yours loses" situation.

The Fellowship player has much weaker characters on the whole, meaning they cannot win by force. The Fellowship player is usually trying to kill just enough Shadow Characters to open a path to Mordor for Frodo. The Shadow player, meanwhile, is trying to keep all paths guarded.

This is just about as different as it possibly could be from War of the Ring. happy.gif

Joram said:

This game is really easy to learn, quick to play (half an hour max once you know what you are doing), and is a really nice challenge every time.

I've been eyeing this game as well, though have had (and understood lengua.gif the rules) WotR since the reprint hit stores. Then again, I'm a Tolkien nut (Middle-Earth ccg is one of my all-time favourites).

Joram, you mean to say you don't have quick games of WotR gui%C3%B1o.gif ?

I like this game and it is a very quick play and easy to learn. The Deluxe edition is the best version to pick up as it has more to choose from but the basic version is just fine by itself.

Dam said:

Joram said:

I've been eyeing this game as well, though have had (and understood lengua.gif the rules) WotR since the reprint hit stores. Then again, I'm a Tolkien nut (Middle-Earth ccg is one of my all-time favourites).

Joram, you mean to say you don't have quick games of WotR gui%C3%B1o.gif ?

I suppose that it depends on your definition of "quick". lengua.gif

What do you mean by "quick"?

Is there a video tutorial?...

No. This game came out before FFG did those sorts of things.

However, the rules are very simple and are available for download on the site.

Junito said:

Is there a video tutorial?...

not the "official" one, but I think this one will be fine. ;)

that wuz just a great video...thanx!

so impress me that wo a great video……………………….