How Can We be Competetive?

By Syd, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Organized Play

…if there are no tournament rules? I had assumed, like I am sure many did, that FFG would be on the ball with tournament rules. I mean, the deadline should have been yesterday with the start of Season 1 of Organized Play. While I am on the subject, why no announcement yesterday that it was the beginning of the season? Does the sudden posting of a job opening for Organized Play Associate mean that the position is now vacant, and the OP system is in a holding pattern? We need SW Tourney Rules to run tournaments, we already have one tentatively scheduled at our local store. With so much hype regarding the new OP system, not a whisper about it on opening day of season one (yesterday)? What's the dealio yo?

Well yesterday and today the site was offline for a large chunk of the day due to website issues. So that could be part of the reason. Also the Season 1 kits do not appear to be in stock yet as mine still show on backorder without those its hard for Season 1 to really get started.

As for the tournament rules I asked about those and the FAQ in an email and I was told by Nate French via email just to be patient.

I think lack of preperation for the beginning of the season (no tournament rules, no league kits) is ultimately a big problem though. I know a lot of people were really psyched about the announcements regarding OP (I put myself at the top of that list), but this sours it for me. I suppose this comes from my own impatience, but is it impatience when the start date has come and gone? Ahhh, just treat that as rhetorical.

"I hate wait."

Well there's your answer. Oh well, just have to push the tournament to February. Tounament rules would still be nice though.

Absolutely looking forward to hosting some Game Nights!