Are reactions optional?

By GongShowHost, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

I'm playing a Sith deck and the objective Fall of the Jedi says "Reaction: After your draw phase begins, place 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your deck." Do I have to do this every turn, even if I don't want to?

Some are Forced, some are not.. But I beleive that one is Non-Optional.. But I think you get a card out of it also. So, It is not a total loss.

Page 25

FORCED

While most card abilities are voluntary, some interrupt and reaction effects are preceded by the word forced . Such effects must be resolved immediately whenever the specified trigger occurs as described in their text.

So, unless it's a forced ability, triggering it is optional.

*edit*

The reaction ability on Fall of the Jedi is not forced. Therefore, it is optional. And if you have two of them in play, you may choose to trigger none, one or both, but each would fully resolve individually.

I thought so but the rules weren't explicit enough. Thanks!

GongShowHost said:

I thought so but the rules weren't explicit enough. Thanks!

In what way?

IIRC, the rules never spell out that non-forced things are optional. It's just assumned based on the wording of forced. I don't have a rulebook handy, so I can't verify…

Eruletho said:

IIRC, the rules never spell out that non-forced things are optional. It's just assumned based on the wording of forced. I don't have a rulebook handy, so I can't verify…

Page 25 under Forced says most are voluntary unless it says Forced.

It's long been standard in games like this to have "may" in the wording if it's something you can choose not to do. I'm not surprised some people are reading this card that way, since the idea of forced reactions is probably less familiar.