Mobilize the Squadrons on the first turn

By IsawaSteve, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

So, Mobilize the Squadrons says "Reaction: After you refresh, remove 1 focus token from a target objective or enhancement you control." Now, on the first turn, the LS player "does not take this step" refering to the phase after which one would trigger Mobilize. SInce he does not take this step, can he react with Mobilize? or is there nothing to react to?

Thanks.

You have no refresh on LS first turn so it would not go off. However it is also unlikely anything you control would be focused at that time.

Well, Rebel assault is the only reason I've come up with why you might have spent resources first turn (and I presume the reason the rule is as it is) but that seems like a pretty good reason to me :D

And yeah, that's what I thought for the answer, but we were arguing over it today so thought I'd get other's opinions.

Actually, there is no way anyone without access to someone at FFG would know this, but there is an error in the rulebook, and the LS player DOES get the chance to use "after you refresh" effects on his first turn. The statement in parentheses in the rulebook on page 12 that says when you can use "after you refresh" effects isn't supposed to be there, and "after you refresh" effects are intended to trigger after the refresh phase. The only part of the refresh phase that the LS player skips on his first turn is part 2.1, the removal of one focus token from each card in his play area. Therefore, the LS player could trigger the reaction from Mobilize the Squadron on his first turn.

One of the playtesters confirmed the above with Nate French (look for his name on the inside cover of your rulebook). It reportedly will be addressed in the first FAQ.