a few ?s

By Rogue 4, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

1. Fleet Command Center: The timing is a question here. It reads: After you refresh place a shield on a unit or objective." When does refresh mean? after the phase or after the focus tokens are removed? if it is the later, then the shield would just go away when you remove shield tokens. I am sure it means after the refresh phase.

2. A correction that needs to be fixed: A freaking droid that struggles with the Force is weird. An interrogation droid with two blasters and the event Interrogation is a beast. lol

3. Redemption only targets LS player's characters, correct? I assume so.

4. What is the ruling on more than one of the same objective in play? Also, if it is okay to have more than one, are they communlative?

I believe I have some more, but we will go with just these for now. Thanks for any advice (since that is all that it is until an official rule man jumps in the forums).

You are limited to two of the same objective in the same deck, and have no control over placement except for initial… So I would assume there is not an issue there.

i would assume Redemption is a typo, or else it effects both players as typed, but it is not forced… So I think you choose the effect and rule it in your favor

1st question.. Presumed at the end of your refresh phase, or else it's a worthless action.

jss_hobbie said:

1. Fleet Command Center: The timing is a question here. It reads: After you refresh place a shield on a unit or objective." When does refresh mean? after the phase or after the focus tokens are removed? if it is the later, then the shield would just go away when you remove shield tokens. I am sure it means after the refresh phase.

2. A correction that needs to be fixed: A freaking droid that struggles with the Force is weird. An interrogation droid with two blasters and the event Interrogation is a beast. lol

4. What is the ruling on more than one of the same objective in play? Also, if it is okay to have more than one, are they communlative?

I believe I have some more, but we will go with just these for now. Thanks for any advice (since that is all that it is until an official rule man jumps in the forums).

1) There is an error in the rulebook. "After you refresh" effects are actually supposed to trigger after the refresh phase, not after part 1 of the refresh phase. See a more comprehensive answer in my response here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=340&efcid=4&efidt=770137

2) Um, OK.

3) It CAN affect a dark side character if you would like. I'm not exactly sure why you'd want to do that, but there may be some advantage in a situation I'm not able to think of right now. Just remember, you aren't forced to use an ability unless the card says so, such as forced reaction . Redemption does not have a forced interrupt ability. It's optional, and you can use it once per turn, meaning once on your turn AND once on the dark side player's turn.

4) You could have two of the same objective in play as long as they don't say on the card that you are limited to one in your objective deck. Some effects are cumulative. For example, if you had two Jedi Training in play, you would add 2 Force icons to your side during the Force struggle. You are also able to use reactions or interrupt abilities on each of the same objective card you have in play. Two Last Minute Rescues = you get to remove 1 damage token from a target unit two times if you choose to trigger both. Also of note, if the card says "limit once per turn," it applies only to that specific card and not to other copies of the card with the same name, meaning you could use the interrupt ability on EACH of your The Secret of Yavin 4 objectives if you have two in play.

jss_hobbie said:

There is no "offical rule man" on the FFG forums, they do not post on thier own forums. You have to either accept what other posters are telling you or not. Most questions are answered by pretty much qouting the rulebook anyway.

#2 Isn't a question on the rules, or well a question at all. This is the rules forum so it's best to keep topics on rules issues, please.