Court of the Witch King

By Buffytrek, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Hello,

Was trying to find the answer to this on the forums but cant find it anywhere.

Does the Support card The court of the Witch King cause the opponent to discard cards only when the last resource token is removed then does nothing after this, or does it work on each subsequent turn. I.e. I remove a token 0 -1 is -1 i.e. effectively 0, then since there are no more tokens on it the opponent must discard cards from his deck?

Many thanks

Noel

The part after "then" only happens if the part before "then" has resolved successfully. So you can only discard cards if you have first removed the last resource token. To trigger this effect more than once, you'll need a way to get a resource token on the card again first.

What happens if I remove the last token in the Battlefield phase? Can I play the Action? I think no, because the condition of CotWK is "At the beginning of the turn… then…." so the last token must be removed at the beginning of the turn or the action is illegal, it's correct?

Correct. It's one action, with two parts. It can only be triggered at the beginning of your turn, and the second part happens only if you removed a token (the first part) and there then are no tokens left. If the last token is removed by some other effect, you don't get to discard cards.

Thank you for the reply, Mallumo.

it would be a shame if i was the only one to have thought of it but what if there were a way to take tokens from pleasure cults and put them somewhere els ;3

Like with Jealous Eyes? I'm not sure, because Jealous Eyes targets opponent's cards, not cards your opponent controls. Pleasure Cults would be a card you own which your opponent controls, so I'd say that couldn't be targeted… But I'm not really sure on that one.

Loads of cards/decks use resource tokens, so just go ahead and use Jealous Eyes.

Like with Jealous Eyes? I'm not sure, because Jealous Eyes targets opponent's cards, not cards your opponent controls. Pleasure Cults would be a card you own which your opponent controls, so I'd say that couldn't be targeted… But I'm not really sure on that one.

I'm curious on this question as well. Anyone have an official answer to this?

Card texts - your unit, an opponent's unit, etc. - refer to control, not ownership (unless the explicitly speak of that). "Opponent's card" refers to a card controlled by the opponent, even if he doesn't own it. You can use Jealous Eyes to move tokens from a Pleasure Cults or Snotling Invasion you played under your opponent's control to a card you control.