its great to have a….

By Rogue 3, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

rules forum but what the point if you dont offer an "offical" voice to answer these questions. Leaving it up to players to answers rule questions seem counterproductive and tends to lead to more issues then then it solves. besides as a player why should i believe that someone that i might play against is giving me the correct ruling and not the ruling the works best for them.

Rogue 3 said:

rules forum but what the point if you dont offer an "offical" voice to answer these questions. Leaving it up to players to answers rule questions seem counterproductive and tends to lead to more issues then then it solves. besides as a player why should i believe that someone that i might play against is giving me the correct ruling and not the ruling the works best for them.

Answers for all the questions you asked in your other thread are available in the rule book, requiring only the will and skill to read it. Is that official enough?

my statement in this post has nothing to do with my other post. why would you think it did.

Just because you can not have 2 seperate thoughts at the same time doesnt give you the right to be rude.

Not all the answers to the questions i see in this forum can be foundf in the rules. If you look at some of these topics you will find instances of opposing answers by respondents.

So like i said having an "official" person to answer questions ( even if they would just say things like "the above poster is right:") would be ideal.

Just because you thought someone was being rude, doesn't give you the right to be rude. If you want an official answer, email FFG or wait for the FAQ; official reps don't seem to be posting right now.

If you want an "official" answer then email FFG at the link provided under Customer Service. But you were given answers for your questions and they were from the rulebook.

I always thought the purpose of a rules question forum was to allow the more expierienced players help the newer players. I have not seen a rules forum for any of the past games that I played that had an "official" voice answering all the questions, seems like a company could better use their resources on something else.

TGO said:

I always thought the purpose of a rules question forum was to allow the more expierienced players help the newer players. I have not seen a rules forum for any of the past games that I played that had an "official" voice answering all the questions, seems like a company could better use their resources on something else.

This is correct. Sure, it would be cool if the forum had an official response, but there's a rules question submission link on the bottom of the page for those things.

not really, decipher had a rep who would monitior there boards and whould answer any rules question even those already answered my players.

Other games also have either an official rules guru or higher level judges that can answer in an official capacity on their official forums. No one is saying it should be their full time job to watch the rules forums, but the Trench Run thread has been going on long enough to warrant at least a pop in from someone in an official capacity, even if it is just to say how it should be played and that the FAQ will address it fully. Granted this game is new so maybe that person hasn't been identified yet, but even a pop in from a designer might help calm the waters some. I also don't feel that contacting customer service is a good way to go about getting answers especially for a game like this. The point of having a rules forum is so this type of information can be public knowledge and if one player has a question about something, most likely others will have had the same one.

Which is why we should all encourage the practice of posting, verbatim, any rules questions emailed to and answered by FFG. That is how this forum can become a useful resource

FFG does not post on thier own forums, it is thier policy. You will never get an official response on these forums, it is just not how they do things.

Come on people. It's the rules sub-forum, questions that can be answered by reading the rulebook is to be expected here. No need to be rude to people who asks for help, just don't reply.

As to the OP's question, that's just how FFG operates (as ScottieATF writes above). Normally, the rules question mails are answered quite quickly, but I think they must be working full time on getting the FAQ out and perhaps have little time to spare for the rules questions (that will anyway be answered in teh FAQ).

ScottieATF said:

FFG does not post on thier own forums, it is thier policy. You will never get an official response on these forums, it is just not how they do things.

And that, in my opinion, is just silly.

houjix1138 said:

ScottieATF said:

And that, in my opinion, is just silly.

I play other games that have a forum prescence, and I can understand why FFG chooses not to. Once you talk to players through your forums they come to expect and demand it in inappropriate cases.

so how are rules questions handled in tournament play? does who ever runs the tournament get to make up any ruling that are not clearly derived from the current rules and faq? so right now for example i can play at 2 seperate tournaments and depending on who makes the ruling I can get 2 different answers about how death star is treated when trench run is played.

Rogue 3 said:

so how are rules questions handled in tournament play? does who ever runs the tournament get to make up any ruling that are not clearly derived from the current rules and faq? so right now for example i can play at 2 seperate tournaments and depending on who makes the ruling I can get 2 different answers about how death star is treated when trench run is played.

Unfortunately, since there's no FAQ, and, if someone has e-mailed FFG about that issue, I haven't seen them post the response if there was one, yes. When a TO has to make an on-the fly assessment of the situation, and there's no FAQ to refer to yet, it's not in the core rules, and you don't have a day to wait on FFG e-mail response, then you get their best educated guess.

No different than any other card game or really any other competitive tournament scene, sometimes the judge/TO has to make a call for the day based on the information available.

No response has been received yet for either of the emails I sent about Trench Run, hopefully due to the fact the FAQ is on the way.

Rogue 3 said:

Even if there were an FAQ and rules forum interaction that is exactlty how every game handles tournament rule issues. It is up for the judge to make a call, and they are given ultimate authority to do so. Even if blatantly wrong. They are asked to keep abreast of the rules but, pretty much every game has a clause in thier tournament rules that says they have final say. The best you can do is clearly present your case with documentation, abide by the ruling, and debate it with them after the tournament. If you think they are arbitarily dismissing FAQ rulings then speak with the store owner or don't attend the tournaments. If the tournament is an offical FFG event then report the event to FFG in that case.

A good TO/Judge should go over how any currently sticky issue is going to be played before the tournament. The smart player will ask before hand if they have an such situations they might be worried about, rather then in game where it is a suprise.

For those who also play AGOT……not every game can have a Ktom!!!

For now and for what i've read and how i interpreted the rulebook, i have been more inclined to dmboy's answers and the guy with the lady with cards avatar (or something like that).

Also, there is no tourney rules yet!!! xD

Francisco G. said:

For those who also play AGOT……not every game can have a Ktom!!!

For now and for what i've read and how i interpreted the rulebook, i have been more inclined to dmboy's answers and the guy with the lady with cards avatar (or something like that).

Also, there is no tourney rules yet!!! xD

ktom is the bomb when it comes to AGOT rulings! Like geez…. I'm pretty sure I could get a 100% correct ruling from him if I asked him while he was asleep. Sorry to stray off-topic, but I just resist to give ktom a bit more praise.

Also, to get back to the OP issue, if you're worried that someone is giving you misleading information (which is a prick move IMO for a forum dedicated to helping each other out on these fora), then just ignore them and find a ruling, or email FFG. One of the other posters pointed out that it's not always a good idea for a company like FFG, Decipher, WotC, etc. to have a constant presence in their rules fora. It just creates situations similar to feeding a dog scraps from the table. Pretty soon they're gonna do nothing while you're eating other than sit at the table and whine for that next tidbit.