Scotty's Allied stuff!

By scotty kahn, in Dust Warfare

First post in here and also my first fig for Dust. Some interest has started topick up in my local area, so I thought I had better get going and paint up my figs from the original core set.

Here's is the first one Ive gotten finished. ( Ive since removed the tank from the back and put it where it was supposed to go)

I nearly have my bbq squad done now and am starting work on my "Hot Dog".

Thanks for looking. More pictures here on my blog if you are interested.

http://scottysworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/01/dust-tactics-us-walker-finished.html

IMG_20130108_112520_370.jpg

I dig it! I really like it.

Bravo!

Thanks! My "Hot Dog" is very near completion now as well. He should be up in a day or so.

Really good the allied sign on the side. Also like the rust effect a lot!

Not sure if anyone is looking at these, but I'll just keep posting away. :)

Here are the Grim Reapers all done up and ready to smash some face. Let me know what ya think.

IMG_20130221_180639_518_zps54f1f81f.jpg

scotty kahn said:

Not sure if anyone is looking at these, but I'll just keep posting away. :)

Here are the Grim Reapers all done up and ready to smash some face. Let me know what ya think.

Hey Scotty,

I like your work. FYI, a lot of people view, but comments are a desert on this forum. Not sure why.

Your weathering and coloring are good. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Dust nationality decals, but I like the Dust peripheral stuff like the Axis skulls, "wolf" etc. But that has nothing to do w/ your implimentation, which is finely done.

Thanks much! The shields on all my allies are actually freehanded. Wish I would have just printed out some decals in various sizes, would have been much easier in the long run.

Freehanded? Didn't even notice that. Nice brushwork!

Overall everything looks great. I especially like the Grim Reapers.

Any type of freehand work is always impressive.

Personally, I think the weathering on the Hot Dog is on the heavy handed side. It looks good, but to me it looks more like a rusting piece of battlefield wreckage than an active vehicle.

Yea Scotty does good work.

But Scotty come play Mike and his SSU overwhelmed me last weekend!

I'll have to bring em in and we can ally up against the SSU scum.

Thanks foir the comments all!

Those are really nice minis. Weathering is awesome. Sponge or brush for the weathering?