Alternative walker models for padawan to play with

By Vladigar, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

I got the Revised Core Set with some expansion units for Christmas. I love the game and, of course, my almost 5-year-old son wants to play "Daddy's army game" with me. Using very simplified rules and with my guidance, he's actually beat me 9 out of 10 times (the lad can make the dice rolls). However he's still learning to be gentle with the models. For future games that I play with him, I bought some WW2 green and gray plastic army men to use in place of the FF models and that works fine, but he really loves the walker models. I've been looking for something to use as time period appropriate alternatives but haven't really found anything. The closest I can come up with is maybe using Lego Hero Factory toys to use as walkers and super-gluing the pieces together for sturdiness. Has anyone seen or can think of anything that might work better?

My 5 (now 6) year old like to play "with me" against the computer as he like more co-op vs. competitive games. Depending on how your son plays, he might treat them with more respect than his other toys. Reading the cards and then doing the math for number of dice to roll is great as well.

Enjoy the games. I am looking forward to when my son is a bit older and wants to compete against me in the game.

Take care and have a great day.

My whole family plays tactics. They have an allied and 2 axis armies. I play the SSU and its made all in legos. I found that the Lex Luther battle robot works great as the babushka and matroshka. Wolverines helicopter makes a great SSU chopper too. And I use the galaxy squad's mounted robot as Nadya.

The rest of my army of minifigs are oufitted in halo armor from Brickforge. I am pretty sure I wouldnt use these guys in a tournament but its still fun to mod a walker till I get it just the way I want. So far they have won most of their battles.

Have fun with it. I know I do.

Groon001 said:

My whole family plays tactics. They have an allied and 2 axis armies. I play the SSU and its made all in legos. I found that the Lex Luther battle robot works great as the babushka and matroshka. Wolverines helicopter makes a great SSU chopper too. And I use the galaxy squad's mounted robot as Nadya.

The rest of my army of minifigs are oufitted in halo armor from Brickforge. I am pretty sure I wouldnt use these guys in a tournament but its still fun to mod a walker till I get it just the way I want. So far they have won most of their battles.

let's see some photos

BigDogg said:

Groon001 said:

let's see some photos