Resolving order step

By sethseth, in Gears of War: The Board Game

I've got this questions.. Can I use as much card texts during my order step as I want? Lets say Rodie run, than Advance, than Ambush, and finaly Sit tight? If so, what is the purpose of Active reload anyway? If not and I'm able to use only one card text per turn, am I able to use another card to move for 2 spaces and next one for additional attack? Or am I able to use just and only one card as an order (text/attack/move) per turn?

How many reactions can I do during opponent's turn? Only one per enemy? What if two locusts are about to attack me > can i counter one and dodge another? Or am I able to use two counters to one locust and dodge the second one? This is not really clear to me..

Thanks a lot

sethseth said:

I've got this questions.. Can I use as much card texts during my order step as I want? Lets say Rodie run, than Advance, than Ambush, and finaly Sit tight? If so, what is the purpose of Active reload anyway? If not and I'm able to use only one card text per turn, am I able to use another card to move for 2 spaces and next one for additional attack? Or am I able to use just and only one card as an order (text/attack/move) per turn? How many reactions can I do during opponent's turn? Only one per enemy? What if two locusts are about to attack me > can i counter one and dodge another? Or am I able to use two counters to one locust and dodge the second one? This is not really clear to me.. Thanks a lot

- Nope, you can use the actions from one card (page 9, point 2; page 10); you can use all or just a selection of the actions described in the order card, in the order in which they are listed. Tough luck. A card can be used to move 2 areas or perform one attack if your available choices are unsuitable (read: desperate). Active Reload is quite useful, with the right hand of cards.

Any additional cards can be used (discarded) for special actions only - picking up objects, reviving COGs, etc.

- the whole group of players is limited to one guard reaction for each Locust activation phase; the guard reaction allows you to attack one enemy (page 24). However after discarding one card for the guard reaction, you can discard a second one for the dodge reaction - and a third, and fourth, and fifth one if you are subject to multiple attacks, just one defense per attack (page 24).

Okey, locusts 5, me 0.. :) ) thanks for quick and clear examples..