Whats going well for me.

Darkside:

Sith 4 Fates

2x Web of the Emperor

2x Counsel of the Sith

2x Defence Protocals

2x Crule Interrogations

2x Fall of the Jedi

This has been my best DS deck the 4 twist of fate are best played as a defencive card because you can get 2 cards out of the other player. Between that and playing Interrogations when they declare attackers so you know what tricks they have for that round of fighting works really really well. Also ill throw it down some times when i got them on the run and they pull a fresh hand just to steal the best card from the new hand and force them to push with 5 cards or rebuild for a round. Over all it does well vrs rebel and jedi sofar.

Lightside:

2x a heros Journey

2x Last Minute Rescue

2x Secret of Yaven 4

2x Questionable Contracts

2x In you Must Go

This has just been a really fun deck, han and luke are so insane together (if your oponent does not choke them all to death) it can get frustrating if your oponent has the right cards at the right times and intercepts plays. I have had han killed before he can even touch the table but as a whole in this game sofar if you get top decked your kinda dead from the start if some one gets vader out 1st turn.

Im currently testing rebel decks and more hybrid decks but these are my two fave, and they are fun/easy to play - in my mind and my experience sofar Navy and Rebel have a harder learning curve.

Magni

I haven't really seen people do a lot of deck listings on the forums yet, but I like that you only posted the objectives. It makes for shorter posts and hopefully more thoughtful perusing of the cards before people start tearing decks apart.

And to contribute, I'm going to run a rainbow LS deck once my second set comes in. 2 Spies, 3 neutral, 2 jedi, 3 rebel..just to see.

You're running 2 Imperial Navy cards in a Sith deck? That's a good way to get stuck with unplayable cards.

If you're running a splash like that, it's best to use the splash as your faction card to ensure that you always have a resource match for it.

That said, I actually run almost the exact same deck, but I use 2x The Bespin Exchange instead of Defense Protocol. Boba Fett is a beast.

defence protocal is in there for a few reasons, 2 extra twists of fate, Defence protocal in itself is a great way to essentialy force choke units the only, you get 1 bombing run card, 1 talon roll and 1 tie and the tie attack squadron the attack squadron is the only card i have ever played from the box outside of the tie fighter. Its really in there for the objective utility and the twist of fate.

Has anyone managed to create a deck which has a 90% or better win rate against different decks and different players?

Xenu's Paradox said:

You're running 2 Imperial Navy cards in a Sith deck? That's a good way to get stuck with unplayable cards.

If you're running a splash like that, it's best to use the splash as your faction card to ensure that you always have a resource match for it.

That said, I actually run almost the exact same deck, but I use 2x The Bespin Exchange instead of Defense Protocol. Boba Fett is a beast.

While true, it's not quite as frequent a problem as you'd think - Defense Protocol will come up as one of your starting objectives in 2 out of every 3 games. The problem is more that while Defense Protocol has a great ability, the command cards are pretty terrible for a Sith deck. I'd much rather have Shadows of Dathomir or Reconaissance Mission, or if I must use a Navy objective, Death and Despayre or Imperial Command…and I'd still use the Navy affiliation card.

Right now I'm using the decks from the mini-site, they're actually a lot of fun to play. That is:

Imperial Navy
2 Fall of the Jedi
1 Counsel of the Sith
2 The Emperor's Web
2 The Ultimate Power
2 Death and Despayre
1 Reconnaissance Mission

and

Smugglers and Spies
2 The Defense of Yavin 4
2 Mission Briefing
2 Fleeing the Empire
2 The Rebel Fleet
2 Questionable Contacts

The Dark Side deck is a heavy control deck that uses the standard Sith removal package (Fall, Web) plus a little extra card advantage in a singleton Counsel alongside the most powerful threats the Navy can field. Build resources, use removal to lock down the Light Side's threats, then crush the rebellion in one swift stroke.

The Light Side deck has shades of control as well, using Han "shot first" Solo, Rebel Assault, and Heavy Blaster Emplacement to keep the Empire's forces at bay, and a healthy dose of Tactics icons (including several that aren't edge-dependent) to clear the way for a fleet of Y-Wings to take out Dark Side objectives quickly - two unopposed Y-Wings take out anything short of Heart of the Empire.

I think the best DS deck right now is:

Imperial Navy

Fall of The Jedi x2

Council of the Sith x2

The Emperor's Web x2

Cruel Intentions x2

Imperial Command x2

I could see cutting one Cruel Intentions for a Reconnaissance Mission for the extra cards and another Twist. I just really prefer the information and tactics icons that Cruel Intentions gives. No matter what DS deck is the best, I really think that it will include Imperial Command x2 for a long time. Having a double resource objective that has two resource characters and two solid blocking units is pretty good. It also gives you your late game punch in Orbital Bombardment. I really underestimated the Imperial Command pod in general until I saw a friend using it. Then I started messing around with it; I'm likely going to mess around with it in other decks still.

For LS I'm far less sure on what's the right play. Right now I really like this build as it gives you the best chance to steal tempo. Here:

Smugglers and Spies

A Hero's Journey x2

Forgotten Heroes x2

Jedi Training x2

Mission Briefing x2

Questionable Contacts x2

I think that this build gives you the greatest option to play aggressively and grab options.

Don't you worry about resource blockage with Mission Briefing if you don't pull the objective?

So 33% of the time I can't play 4 cards? What's the downside? Many times I'm far more interested in playing Twilek Loyalist or the Twilek Smuggler. 90% of the time Mon Mothma is used for edge or discarded. Engineers are slightly better but not essential by any stretch.

agnos said:

I think the best DS deck right now is:

Imperial Navy

Fall of The Jedi x2

Council of the Sith x2

The Emperor's Web x2

Cruel Intentions x2

Imperial Command x2

I could see cutting one Cruel Intentions for a Reconnaissance Mission for the extra cards and another Twist. I just really prefer the information and tactics icons that Cruel Intentions gives. No matter what DS deck is the best, I really think that it will include Imperial Command x2 for a long time. Having a double resource objective that has two resource characters and two solid blocking units is pretty good. It also gives you your late game punch in Orbital Bombardment. I really underestimated the Imperial Command pod in general until I saw a friend using it. Then I started messing around with it; I'm likely going to mess around with it in other decks still.

For LS I'm far less sure on what's the right play. Right now I really like this build as it gives you the best chance to steal tempo. Here:

Smugglers and Spies

A Hero's Journey x2

Forgotten Heroes x2

Jedi Training x2

Mission Briefing x2

Questionable Contacts x2

I think that this build gives you the greatest option to play aggressively and grab options.

Wow, our decks are almost identical! I really have loved playing the SITH deck you posted there. I have been playing it for about two weeks and it is awesome!

The lightside build is also very similar. The only difference is I keep switching out the Forgotten Heroes set for either In You Must Go (Yoda), Secret of Yavin 4 for character protection or Fleeeing the Empire for Leia combo shenanigans.

From my playing experience, you can splash Mission Breifing in most Jedi decks with no real drawback. The important card (Blaster Encampment) is free, and the A-Wings require no match. Mon Mothma is a great card to edge away.

Reserved for future comments …

JustinMcBride said:

The lightside build is also very similar. The only difference is I keep switching out the Forgotten Heroes set for either In You Must Go (Yoda), Secret of Yavin 4 for character protection or Fleeeing the Empire for Leia combo shenanigans.

Pod 1 and 15 are the real keys with the targeted strike fun; the main reason to play pod 7 is the Jedi Mind Tricks. The remaining options are: Pod 3 for Obi + JMT, Pod 2 for Yoda + Training Grounds, Pod 5 for 3PO + Guardians. Pod 3 is clearly the best as you get another actual main and have another key way to temporize the board while continuing to push pressure. I think the harder question is for people who choose not to play 9, then they have to figure out whether just to add 2 or 5 OR to cut 7 as well in order to play 2 and 5.