What´s next?

By Grimbeard, in WFRP Archived Announcements

For the lack of another place to post (at least as far as I sifted through the forums) I´m placing this post here:

I know, I probalbly won´t get an answer from FFG directly but nonetheless I try - come on guys sprinkle some infos here; where the heck is Warhammer RPG going? Can we expect the game being carried on. For every other FFG game there are announcements, really that´s great!!!, but please don´t neglect this game or at least step up to it and tell us FFG does not give a **** anymore….

best regards

a gruntled Warhammer FRP guy enfadado

I second this question.

I've heard Jay Little said they are continuing support, which I sincerely hope is true as this is a great game and I'm looking forward to more expansions!

But wasn't that many moons ago?

Agreed. Has anybody here spoken with anyone at FFG about this in the past month or two? I'm of the thinking that this line is finished for production, but that's just because of how nothing has been released in what we from Minnesota call "a coon's age."

You'd think between the various POD formats and the possibility of Kickstarter (etc), that the risks/burdens involved for FFG putting out some more content would be pretty low.

True. Especially since this is an established product with a secondary product line in edge of the empire using the same system exists. Even a 3.75 edition wouldn't be the burden that 3.0 was having to create an entirely new system and then the 3.5e hardcovers to appease the card/chit-hating S.I.T.M.'s who would de-evolve it back down to some kind of oversimplified, but powerfully nostalgic, percentile system with D&D mechanics tacked on. That would involve either admitting they were wrong in going to this component-heavy system (which they won't do), or essentially re-creating the old 1e/2e systems which were well-loved, but why bother to reproduce an old system that was also already completed (except for a high elf product) to cater to people who wouldn't buy it anyways?

Their best solution is the POD for something that appeals to a MUCH broader audience, or fleecing us for another edition. Plus, a Players Guide 2 would sell like hotcakes (until it got pirated like everything else in the gaming world does).

They don't have the mindset of using a kickstarter (that requires direct-consumer-communications), but even a POD paperback print edition of about anything should be very viable. IMO, putting out the over-specialized cards that only 6 people in the whole world would purchase should not (but probably did) influence their interest in doing more PODs.

They know their profit-margins better than us though so who knows? Perhaps wfrp is dead and the license merely being held hostage by a company that doesn't have financial interest in new products.

At this point, I'd settle for a cheeseburger with WFRP stamped on top. I've got all this money sitting around and D&D 5e is coming out... either FFG can get my money or some other company can get it. I mean if they don't want it, by all means, keep putting out sci-fi for all of us who prefer fantasy...

Edited by Emirikol

They know their profit-margins better than us though so who knows? Perhaps wfrp is dead and the license merely being held hostage by a company that doesn't have financial interest in a new edition.

No! God no!!!! Please don't be in license/IP hell as WFRP has been before (and the Kult RPG currently is). This would break my blackened little heart!

What I wonder is who is currently in charge of developing the line, if there is anybody at all.

Hi all

I don't own any WFRP 3e, but have 1e which I played (and loved) 20 years ago.

I've read all the 3e reviews online, and had decided to purchase it. While it didn't please all the fan's, the new flash cards and dice pools sound really cool to me. I'm hoping to resurrect my tabletop role playing passion, starting with FFG's WFRP....

However, is there any point? I can't find any rumors of a release of any WFRP 3e product for 2014.

When was the last release of any supporting material? It's a hollow feeling when you know a system is dead, and out of production.

Any one have any shred of info??

I have just recently purchased the entire 3e setup. I played D&D years ago in college, but this game definitely grabs me far better than D&D ever did. I too am wondering who there is to go to for information on this series. I feel it is an amazing game and a great way to stretch one's imagination to the brink. I have even started development and have created a guide for a who new world that has its own culture, economy, ect. using the WFRPG! Very excited about what I own and now being a few campaigns into this game I would hate to find out that this is all we get :/

There was a rumour about an elf supplement, a greenskin one and also skaven expansion. But looking at how is the line going on a very doubt that anything more will be published for this edition.

it's dead, jim...

... but not as we know it.