Reccomend this to me

By Luftwaffe Flak, in Mag Blast

I just discovered this game and it looks pretty neat.

Ive been looking for a light fun game that plays great with 2 to 3 people. I like the humor in Munchkin but it doesnt play well with 2 as your only screwing one person. Is this game different enough to warrant a purchase? TIA

The game is entirely different from Munchkin. Here's the BoardGameGeek entry, with reviews: boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/944

I really enjoy this quick little card game. I have the 2nd edition and with the Twilight Imperium Theme cards it is a popular game with my playing group.

I can only speak for the 2nd ED of this game, but as far as i can see, only the artwork and some names have changed.

If you have an enthousiastic group of gamers, this one is awesome. The "Make sound effects or miss" rule really makes it come to life.

Don't expect great strategy or planning, accept that you can lose a humongous fleet in less than a turn, and lose at any time, and you will have a blast. It's like the Mario Kart of spacebattle games! We usually use it as a warm up game before we dive into the heavy games, like Doom/Twilight Imperium/etc.

I reccomend it wholeheartedly!

After playing Munchkin about two times I can say this game is a little more "honest" in it's intensity. Munchkin has become such a behemoth of chrome! Magblast is straight forward slugfest amongst the players with lots of luck in the card draw thrown in. It is simply a fun bash-each-other card game. It plays much the same with any number of players and the variants are good.

If you want Euro style seriousness in a FFG cardgame try Citadels or for adventure try the Anima cardgame. Magblast is for fun!

Indeed it is alot of fun, although I sued to paly first ed. We too, used it as a warmup game waiting for hte rest of the players to show up before games of silent death or roll master / space master. A must buy I think, although from what I hear the new cards are kinda flimsy.

this does sound like a blast. have to check it out.

Hi,

This game plays OK with 3 people, IMHO best with 2. With four or more players this game just does not work - the 4th or 5th player will be eliminated before the turn reaches him/her.