CoC Tournaments?

By BrooklynMike, in CoC General Discussion

A few years ago I had the pleasure of hosting the East Coast CoC Regionals for FFG. It was FUN, and everyone who participated had a great time, got in some good card play, got some goodies, etc. Several asked "when's the next one?".

I'm wondering if there is still a regular East Coast regional , if so, who is hosting. Anad , if not, is there an appetite if someone like me hosts one.

Hey there -

We had one in Jenkintown PA last spring at 7th Dimmension Games (near Philly). We haven't discussed one yet for this year, but I would like to get one together again if there is interest.

Great. Last time we had players from Philly (The Professor and his son) as well as DC and locally.

The Compleat Strategist in NYC is offering to host and sponsor the tournament … last time they were great, giving us space, providing gift certificates and tons of goodies as prizes, etc. We have a very active game club in NYC ( www.nycwargames.com ) that sent a bunch of players. It was a lot of fun, and I'd love to organize one again.

But, if you guys really want to have it in Philly again then I wouldn't want to set up a competing event, I'd like to jump in and help organize that event. Who do we need to talk to to figure this out? My direct email is [email protected].

I would go to NYC if it meant a bigger turn out for sure….I will send you an email and add The Professor in!

Hey--I was thinking of organizing some sort of regional in the Boston area this coming year: we have a little group in Cambridge. Unfortunately we're all impoverished/busy college students so travel of any sort isn't really convenient for us. If there were to be a regional in NYC however, I could probably make it with one or two other people--otherwise we'd probably try to do our own thing.

I think we'll get a better turn out in NYC because it is central to Boston, Philly, DC, etc. Also, there are players in Long Island (the suburb that runs for about 100 miles east of NYC). If we agree to run this in NYC we can start beating the drum now and get a pretty good crowd.

It would be awesome if we could get some impoverished students from Boston involved! We served lunch last time (pizza and soda and odds and ends) so maybe that helps hold down the cost.

Badash - How many players did we get in Philly last time?

We did not have a very good turnout in Philly - only five players. NYC is probably a better venu if it is a more central location I think.

NYC being central sounds like good logic to me. Of course, they're all pretty equally bad from Atlanta :)

Well, NYC is known for a few other things to do besides play cards! Anyway, if we can pick a good weekend and get the word out early as possible we may be able to get a decent sized event and have some fun. I'm going to move this conversation to the "Organized Play" forum so we can discuss this where other folks may be looking.